Tile Saw WTS2000L - How accurate can I set it? Also Blade choices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tile Saw WTS2000L - How accurate can I set it? Also Blade choices

I just got a Rigid Tile Saw WTS2000L. My application requires that I cut some stones, some as large as a standard brick into slices as thin as 5 mm thick. I want to do this with the maximum accuracy ythe saw is capable of. Right now it's off about 2mm on a 8 inch long piece. Is this as good as it gets? I'd really like to get it down to under a mm variation. I haven't started to play with aligning the saw - not sure what to adjust - the rails, the rip fence, the saw mounted to the table etc. Any advice would be helpful. As the material I'm cutting is expensive, I'm also interested in getting as thin a blade as possible to waste less material in the cut, but not at the expense of accuracy. I'd like to hear suggestions on this too. I'll probably be cutting glass too and would like recommendations for an ideal blade for this too. My first post here, so if there's some FAQs to go to on blades or threads that talk about this already, please just refer me to that. --- Ken

Re: Tile Saw WTS2000L - How accurate can I set it? Also Blade choices

Is this in the right section? If not could a Moderator put it where it should be (and let me know).

Thanks.

---
    Ken

Comment

Working...
    X