Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing model/ serial number plate

Hi Guys and or Gals,

I purchased a ten inch table saw from a gentleman in my hometown however the plate with the model # and serial # is missing of course! Anyway the motor is a part number 826187. It says Emerson, Saint Louis MO and the top is that cast iron x grid not the solid table with the holes like on the TS3650. I am trying to replace the blade guard and fence and I don't know how to determine if it is a TS2424 or TS3612 or any other model. Any ideas or pictures of the profile of a fence rail from either saw would probably help identify. But I don't know how to find the model or serial #'s for replacement parts. I guess I'm SOL. Any wisdom for a newbie who is trying to bring back a classic AMERICAN made saw? Thanks again Charles.

Oh yeah It has the herc u lift system with the large orange ridgid foot pad.
    Last edited by ceabbott2; 09-11-2009, 09:50 PM. Reason: More information

Re: Missing model/ serial number plate

You could go to ridgid.com and look up the manuals for both those saws. They are very similar and I believe the blade guard is probably the same for both. IIRC though the fences are a little different which could mean that the rails also may be different.

I have a 3612 and the foot pedal on the Herc-U-Lift is orange. Maybe someone who owns a 2424 will chime in with the color of the pedal on that saw.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Comment

both the 2424 and the 3612 had the same motor. this is the link to the 3612 manual:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/88E7884...le_Saw_Man.pdf

check the fence system as shown on page 30. is your rail profile matches the profile shown, its a 3612. here is the manual for the 2424:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B9BE8FC...le_Saw_Man.pdf

check the fence system as shown on page 25. is your rail profile matches the profile shown, its a 2424.

BTW, which ever one you have, i have rails, fences and blade guards for both saws.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks Badger Dave and Finer 9998! You guys are great! I appreciate all of your help. Joseph it's a TS2424 for sure. I just looked at the front rail. So I suppose I'm going to need a fence and blade guard. I'll call you and get with you later. Again to both of you thank you very much, your both a tremendous asset for this forum!

Thank you Charles.
        Last edited by ceabbott2; 09-14-2009, 12:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
        X