Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing model/ serial number plate

Hi Guys and or Gals,

I purchased a ten inch table saw from a gentleman in my hometown however the plate with the model # and serial # is missing of course! Anyway the motor is a part number 826187. It says Emerson, Saint Louis MO and the top is that cast iron x grid not the solid table with the holes like on the TS3650. I am trying to replace the blade guard and fence and I don't know how to determine if it is a TS2424 or TS3612 or any other model. Any ideas or pictures of the profile of a fence rail from either saw would probably help identify. But I don't know how to find the model or serial #'s for replacement parts. I guess I'm SOL. Any wisdom for a newbie who is trying to bring back a classic AMERICAN made saw? Thanks again Charles.

Oh yeah It has the herc u lift system with the large orange ridgid foot pad.
    Last edited by ceabbott2; 09-11-2009, 09:50 PM. Reason: More information

Re: Missing model/ serial number plate

You could go to ridgid.com and look up the manuals for both those saws. They are very similar and I believe the blade guard is probably the same for both. IIRC though the fences are a little different which could mean that the rails also may be different.

I have a 3612 and the foot pedal on the Herc-U-Lift is orange. Maybe someone who owns a 2424 will chime in with the color of the pedal on that saw.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

both the 2424 and the 3612 had the same motor. this is the link to the 3612 manual:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/88E7884...le_Saw_Man.pdf

check the fence system as shown on page 30. is your rail profile matches the profile shown, its a 3612. here is the manual for the 2424:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/B9BE8FC...le_Saw_Man.pdf

check the fence system as shown on page 25. is your rail profile matches the profile shown, its a 2424.

BTW, which ever one you have, i have rails, fences and blade guards for both saws.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Thanks Badger Dave and Finer 9998! You guys are great! I appreciate all of your help. Joseph it's a TS2424 for sure. I just looked at the front rail. So I suppose I'm going to need a fence and blade guard. I'll call you and get with you later. Again to both of you thank you very much, your both a tremendous asset for this forum!

Thank you Charles.
        Last edited by ceabbott2; 09-14-2009, 12:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
        X