X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to change blade on TS 2400-1 table saw

I am unable to change the blade on the Ridgid Work and Haul It table saw. I am using the 2 included spanners to lock the blade on the left side although it fits very loosely. When I try to unscrew the bold holding the blade, pulling towards me, after a minimum amount of effort the spanner on the left gives way. Any ideas?

Re: Unable to change blade on TS 2400-1 table saw

I'm not overly familiar with the 2400, but be sure you're loosening in the correct direction. If it's a right tilt saw and the arbor nut goes on from the left side, the thread orientation is reversed. The orientation for left tilt is normal and the arbor goes on from the right side.

You might try a better wrench than the one supplied. Once it breaks free, you only need to snug them just a bit beyond hand tight because the nut is always self tighten due the direction of the rotation.

Comment

on my old saws, I use a block of wood and let the blades teeth bit into and turn the nut with a wrench, just use caution as if the blade would cut through the block it could turn,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

BHD's method should work for you but if it doesn't put on a heavy duty leather work glove and hold the blade while you loosen the outside arbor nut. When you go to reinstall the arbor nut only tighten it slightly more than hand tight.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I was able to unscrew the blade using a piece of wood to keep the blade from turning. After freeing the blade I can see that the slotted groove that the spanner/wrench goes into on the left side is slightly rounded. But I had no problems tightening the new blade in place. I bought a 80 tooth Diablo blade and, oh, what a difference. Easy and tight cuts.

Thanks for your replies.

--David

Comment

Working...
          X