Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lifetime warranty ?????

Wsanburg,

I'm not sure who you mean when you say you were "told by customer service that I would be eligible for a Limited Lifetime Service Agreement." You still need to send in your receipt, the model, serical number and contact information. So if you haven't, you really need to do that.

I "customer service" was just Home Depot folks, then you really do need to go through the LLSA registration process. During times like the recent promotion, when that takes priority use of the UPC, you can just send in a copy of the receipt.

As far as using the LLSA, I just had to use it this past spring to repair my 1/4 sheet sander. Fortunately for me, the nearest authorized service center is just 8 miles south of me. I provided him with my LLSA registration number for the tool and that with the tool serial number was all it took to get the parts and the repair done. The parts took some time for him to get from Ridgid, but otherwise there was no problem or question about it.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
      Yet another poster that is upset that they apparently didn't follow the registration rules. (Again, it's so hard to really be able to tell, with a poster coming on here, spouting off one solitary "Ridgid sucks" posting, and then not giving us any further details to maybe potentially help). But, at first glance with this post, this is one that messed up on the LLSA registration, based on the tool model and the date. Please, be very disappointed that you did not hang onto a copy/photocopy of the receipt, and that you did not apparently register the tools as required. Follow the rules and you're set.

And again, it's not a "lifetime warrnaty [sic]", it's a Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. It's not automatic - you must do your part to be covered.
      Don't belittle someone when YOU are wrong. He did not have the LSA, he had the Ridgid lifetime warrenty. WE registered our tools on Ridgid site, all those registrations were lost when TTI took over and the E-box started. They wont honor any of my lifetime warrenties either. Receipts are blank now, but the tools and serial # were registered and should be on file. Ridgid sold that part of its business, and the new company did not transfer the existing registrations. Another thread on this down stairs!
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
        Don't belittle someone when YOU are wrong. He did not have the LSA, he had the Ridgid lifetime warrenty. WE registered our tools on Ridgid site, all those registrations were lost when TTI took over and the E-box started. They wont honor any of my lifetime warrenties either. Receipts are blank now, but the tools and serial # were registered and should be on file. Ridgid sold that part of its business, and the new company did not transfer the existing registrations. Another thread on this down stairs!
        Dan, I think you should give Customer Service a call to straighten out your difficulties. I had no problems like the ones you're describing when TTI took over. My gray Ridgid tools were transferred over into my eBox/Dashboard(stupid name) and nothing was lost. All of the qualifying Ridgid tools that I have ever purchased are registered into and qualify for LLSA coverage. It sounds like your file may have fallen through the cracks but I don't think your situation is universal.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
          Papadan, based on the tool that he's talking about, when that model number came to the market, and when he's saying he bought the tool, he did not in fact have the Ridgid Lifetime Warranty. That was for other tools. Please see CWS' post on the warranty issue, rather than me restating everything...

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          A little history here, on the heels of what Badger Dave has posted...
          Also, for the receipts turning blank, that's because they're thermal receipts / thermal paper, I believe is what it's called. True, many people don't know about it necessarily, but it's been mentioned on the Forum tons of times before - you should make a couple photocopies of your receipts themselves, because they will turn black or turn blank (depending on the paper, temperature, etc.) in about 2 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
            Papadan, based on the tool that he's talking about, when that model number came to the market, and when he's saying he bought the tool, he did not in fact have the Ridgid Lifetime Warranty. That was for other tools. Please see CWS' post on the warranty issue, rather than me restating everything...

Also, for the receipts turning blank, that's because they're thermal receipts / thermal paper, I believe is what it's called. True, many people don't know about it necessarily, but it's been mentioned on the Forum tons of times before - you should make a couple photocopies of your receipts themselves, because they will turn black or turn blank (depending on the paper, temperature, etc.) in about 2 years or so.
            NO MISTAKE, I had the 84001 drill also. It was the 18v 3/8 drill. I couldn't get my batteries replaced and they would not hold a charge long eneough for my work. I just sold that drill at a yard sale for $50. I bought a new Makita. Dave, they told me there was no record of my registration. As for the receipts, years ago we didn't know they would fade away like they did. I don't buy on credit so there is no record of my purchases.
            Last edited by papadan; 09-25-2009, 02:39 PM.
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

2 things.

1st) i have a 14.4v drill, that i did NOT register. probably purchased around 2004 or so, i have the original receipt and had no problem getting replacement batteries. i called the 800 number, they confirmed i was covered, told me where to bring it and they gave me new batteries not problem.

2nd) how are the vacums covered? they say "How Long Coverage Lasts
              This warranty lasts for the lifetime of the RIDGID® tool. Warranty coverage ends when the product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.", but they don't actually state that you need your receipt or have to register them. i don't believe they get registered and i do NOT have my original receips for the 2 vacs i own, as they were gifts.

if and when they vacs need warranty service, am i going to be covered with no receipt (they were gifts)?
              Last edited by brucered; 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brucered View Post
                2 things.

2nd) how are the vacums covered? they say "How Long Coverage Lasts
                This warranty lasts for the lifetime of the RIDGID® tool. Warranty coverage ends when the product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.", but they don't actually state that you need your receipt or have to register them. i don't believe they get registered and i do NOT have my original receips for the 2 vacs i own, as they were gifts.

if and when they vacs need warranty service, am i going to be covered?
                The warranty, and I mean warranty not the LLSA, for the shop vacs only covers defects in materials and workmanship. As long as the vac is a working tool any problem within those two areas will be covered, nothing else is covered. The shop vacs are not part of the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement Program. Simply put, normal wear and tear related repairs are not covered under the shop vacs warranty.
                ================================================== ====
                All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  The warranty, and I mean warranty not the LLSA, for the shop vacs only covers defects in materials and workmanship. As long as the vac is a working tool any problem within those two areas will be covered, nothing else is covered. The shop vacs are not part of the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement Program. Simply put, normal wear and tear related repairs are not covered under the shop vacs warranty.
                  Right. The vacs are automatically lifetime warranty, there's no need to register them. I believe that the only exception to that rule was the MaxSelect cordless wet/dry vac (I think). I think it's lifetime warranty (not LLSA), but I was still able to register it as it's a cordless tool.

Comment

Working...
                  X