No announcement yet.

cordless ridged power screw driver

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cordless ridged power screw driver

in january of 2009, i bought an 18v cordless ridgid screwdriver (model # r86006) with 2 lithium battery packs and charger. I have used this tool sparingly since. now when i charge the batteries, they seem to hold a charge enough to drill or screw into wood for about 3 or four times before the drill quits.... this goes for both batteries... i charge the batteries until the little green light stays on i doing something wrong?

Re: cordless ridged power screw driver

Welcome to the forum. Bummer that you are having a problem. Fortunately you can contact an authorised Ridgid service center in your area of "Nowhere, USA" and make arangements to have the tools evaluated and repaired under the three year warranty or the Lifetime service agreement. You can find a service center by going to the bottom of this page and following the Ridge tool co. thread. They will want the complete set of drill, batts and charger so they can determine what is defective. I would call if there is more than one in your area as reports on this forum indicate that some service centers provide better service than others.
    Good luck and let us know how it the process works for you.....Ray
    Last edited by roadrashray; 09-17-2009, 07:16 AM.