X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find the tools I registered?

The past few weeks I've registered dozens of Ridgid tools using the Product Registration link on the front page.

Now where do I go to see that list?

Re: How to find the tools I registered?

Nice talking to you again so soon.

Which products were you registering? If they are power tools or similar products they will show up on your dashboard. If they fall in other categories, we have a record in the database but there is not a central area for you to pull up for review. I'd like to migrate the systems so that it would be a true repository for all of your RIDGID tools (or maybe even all of your tools if that would be a helpful record.)

While we are on the subject, I'd be curious to hear any additional thoughts on product registration.

Comment

plumberscrack.. here's a small tip. when you get to the dashboard, the way your power tools are displayed is essentially useless (with a small box for each tool or combo kit component). right click an area on the page with nothing in it like you want to print the page and use teh print preview selection. your tool list now appears as a list of tools and components that is far more readable. depending how the tool data was input during registration, the tools, and their compenents, are grouped together. this same format can be printed for hard copy confirmation of what is registered.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
        Nice talking to you again so soon.

Which products were you registering? If they are power tools or similar products they will show up on your dashboard. If they fall in other categories, we have a record in the database but there is not a central area for you to pull up for review. I'd like to migrate the systems so that it would be a true repository for all of your RIDGID tools (or maybe even all of your tools if that would be a helpful record.)

While we are on the subject, I'd be curious to hear any additional thoughts on product registration.
        I've seem to forgotten how to get to my Dashboard (or whatever it's called now)

Wyatt,
        As you know, I had all my tools stolen a few weeks ago so as I purchase new ones I've been registering from the main page. Power tools, snakes, shop vacs, SeeSnakes, locators, threaders, pretty much everything except hand tools. I didn't write any model/serial numbers down because I thought I could just retrieve this information in batch form to print out. I guess this isn't the case

My insurance company would like to have this info on file in case of another claim (or use it to jack my rates)

I do like the idea of having one central location to store ALL my tool info if that's something you could offer. As long as this info is kept private and not used to target me in marketing.

Bill

Comment

Do you recall where you left your tools?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            Do you recall where you left your tools?

Mark
            Sure do. They are in my van

Sometimes, I lose track of that though

Comment

Crack, here's the webpage/link to get to your Dashboard sign-in:

https://register.ridgidpower.com/

ProBrand, I think there is actually a lot that can be done to fix this Dashboard thing to make it better. But, I have to save that conversation for later - the little guy just started to cry. Gotta run.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                Crack, here's the webpage/link to get to your Dashboard sign-in:

https://register.ridgidpower.com/

ProBrand, I think there is actually a lot that can be done to fix this Dashboard thing to make it better. But, I have to save that conversation for later - the little guy just started to cry. Gotta run.
                Thanks for the link Keith,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to navigate to the Dashboard through the Support tab There's no link to get to Dashboard.

Comment

Yup, that's one of the issues. There's no real navigatible way to get to the Dashboard - there are no real tabs or links anywhere. That's one of the problems.

So, I've saved four Ridgid bookmarks into my Internet Explorer - the main Ridgid webpage, the Dashboard, the Ridgid Forum main page, the Ridgid gear webpage (shirts, pens, etc.), and then the TeamRidgid page. Saving these, I can easily get to my Dashboard when I want.

ProBrand, I think that there's a fair bit that can be done to make this easy enough. I think it should be a comprehensive listing of all of our Ridgid brand tools - both from the plumbing side of things (Ridgid / Ridge Tool), as well as wet/dry vacs and certain power tools (Emerson), and also including the OWT/TTI power tool line-up (the orange and grey stuff). There MUST be some way to bind together the databases from the different tool registries.

Also, the old eBox system was quite functional, easy to use, and easy to find. I think it's easy to say that the general consensus is that this Dashboard thing has been quite the headache. The transition was a nightmare, with tools not being listed/missing, LLSA disappearing, etc., etc., and things are still happening here and again with some still having problems - and it's been a year or more since the changeover.

The biggest thing seems to be that people simply just can't find it - put a link/banner/button everywhere you can think of. Why this hasn't been done yet, I just cannot figure out. It should be on the main page, and on each of the individual product listing pages for the 9 main categories (power tools, outdoor power equipment, wet/dry vacs, inspection/locating, etc., etc.) There should be a Dashboard button/link on the top of the Ridgid Forum main page, also on the Site Map page, and of all certainty and necessity, on the Support page (this is the most obvious place for it to be for a new customer to look, and yet it's not here). There are buttons everywhere for RSS feed, Twitter, Facebook, etc. - there should be a Dashboard button, or whatever system that's in place, present or future.

Within the Dashboard itself, there should be an option to show all the customer's tools in a comprehensive list, rather than the individual tool buttons. Again, in many opinions, I think the eBox was a much better laid out and accessible system. Like Crack said, there should be a way to print out a full list of what is had, rather than going into each individual Dashboard button and print out a page from there.

Just some ranting thoughts.

Comment

Just like to add:
                    • IMO a bit too easy to accidentally delete a registration
                    • Post the Ridgid Customer Service phone number to make it EZ to contact the Ridgid Promotions Group for assistance in registration, LSA, errors , etc
                    • As previously stated all registered Ridgid power tools whether LSA or 3yr should be visible, i.e.: wet/dry vac, compressor, air powered tools, etc

Comment

Working...
                    X