3650 saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 saw

I have a 3650 saw that I love. I discovered a problem. I have a ten inch blade on the saw and tried to raise the saw blade all the way up. When I got part of the way up the blade hit the front of the insert. It's seems as though the saw and it's parts have shifted forward???? Any ideas? Please help. By the way, I was able to raise the blade all the up in the past.

Re: 3650 saw

Have you ever replaced the insert? If you put in an aftermarket insert you may not have raised the blade all the way up when you initially cut the slot. Could be all you need to do is raise up the blade with the saw running and make the slot a little longer.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

It's the insert that came with the saw. I might put a zero clerance in and run the blade up all the way up.

Comment

if the original plate isn't working then something is really wrong.

Pictures would be helpful

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
          if the original plate isn't working then something is really wrong.

Pictures would be helpful
          I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't use this saw until you find out exactly what the problem is. The first thing I'd do is remove the insert and slowly raise up the blade, with the saw unplugged, and see if you can't observe something very obviously wrong or loose. Another thing I'd check are the bolts that secure the trunion and make sure that they are all tightened.
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

The trunnions shown the pic below are nearly identical to yours, the other is a pic of the 3650's trunnions. There's really not much that should enable that arbor to move forward like that unless something is really wrong or broken.

Just to rule things out, make sure that the blade is truly 10" and not a 12"....there are some 12" blades with 5/8" arbor. If it is a 10" blade, is it possible that the blade is being raised past the point that's considered full height?

Comment

Wild guess (I dont remember from the short tiem i had my 3660):

Can the insert be inserted such that the slot interferes with the blade? i.e. the slot for the blade is skewed to the front or back of the plate and putting it in backwards causes the "skew" of the slot to hit the blade?

Comment

the slot is not centered, and the two ends are different so you couldn't get it in backwards.

Comment

Everything is tight and the blade is 10". I wish I new what to do!

Comment

How how up is the blade when it hits the insert?

Comment

I guess you'll just have to take advantage of the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. It seems that all the obvious bases have been covered. I know it'll be a hassle to get the saw to a service center but it's just to dangerous a situation as is not to have someone qualified look at it.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I just figured out the saw blade was not fully tightened. Go figure! I am good to go.d It's hard to belive that a a saw blade not being fully tightend would have causeed this problem. Thanks again. You are the bomb!
                        Mike ( I still have all ten, Almost 9, Dumb )

Comment

Working...
                        X