cordless drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cordless drill

Makita BDF452HW 18V super light, easy to handle , good power.
    rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Originally posted by peerawit View Post
      Makita BDF452HW 18V super light, easy to handle , good power.
      BONUS: Also comes with motor that stalls at 70% of DC925 torque!

Comment

Autoshift? Is that a drill with a mind of it's own?

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
        nah, Ridgid autoshift is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
          BONUS: Also comes with motor that stalls at 70% of DC925 torque!
          Here we go again...

Comment

Anyone know if the new DeWalt batteries have any better life than the old ones that used to pile up in 5 gallon buckets?

No matter how awesome a drill is, it's useless if all the batteries give up the ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
              Anyone know if the new DeWalt batteries have any better life than the old ones that used to pile up in 5 gallon buckets?

No matter how awesome a drill is, it's useless if all the batteries give up the ghost.
              And......Here we go again!

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                March,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately the question is sort of like asking, "What's the best motor vehicle?"

It sort of depends on what you want, what your going to use it for, how often are you going to use it, is it for homeowner use or commercial, what kind of power do you want, etc., etc. etc.?

But, I'll give you a simple answer since you're posting on a Ridgid forum, and I'm a Ridgid fan. But you should know that I'm also a home owner, hobbyist carpenter/woodworker and I'm not in the trades.

For a "cordless" drill, that means batteries and chargers... Ridgid is the only brand that I know of that offers a "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" which covers batteries and chargers. In order to get that LLSA you will need to register the tool, however. If you don't want to take those required steps, then you have a 3-year warranty.

Cordless tools need the battery to operate and the charger to keep the battery charged. Batteries and chargers are notorious for simply wearing out over time or prematurely if you rarely use the tool. At least with Ridgid's LLSA you can get them replaced with no further $, but you have to take (or send) them to an authorized Ridgid service center.

So now, tell us what your intended use might be and I'm sure you'll get all kinds of opinions.

CWS

What He said times two.

Comment

Originally posted by march View Post
                  hi there, anyone know which brand is the best in cordless drills?

Here is a link that might help some.
                  Keep in mind this review is 9-10 months old.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...57.html?page=1

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post

Very critical point. Absolutely agree

Comment

Originally posted by march View Post
                      hi there, anyone know which brand is the best in cordless drills?

Here is another link on Compacts/Subcompacts.

For what it is worth, I recently bought a Ridgid R82008 12V 3/8 chuck subcompact and it is way more usefull and powerful then I ever thought. It gets used 90% of the time. When used with some Milwaukee stuby spade bits, it can almost fill in for an angle head drill.

A lifetimes worth of free batteries can't be ignored. Every drill I ever owned, has far out lived many batteries.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...84891&artnum=1

Ken

Comment

Not Rigid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark from Texas View Post
                          Not Rigid!!!!
                          Wow. You just signed up on the Forum, with 3 posts, and they're all negative/attack posts, with no valuable input to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark from Texas View Post
                            Not Rigid!!!!
                            The dude is from ORANGE Texas and votes against ridgid.

Talk about turning your back on the home folk.......

Comment

Well first off, who is turning their back on who? I have purchased 7 Ridgid products. Only 2 use batteries. The rest are fine. But anything with a Ridgid battery, I would advise against it. To anyone! Yes I would change my tone if I got a set of batteries that lasted. Just look around. There are a lot of Ridgid battery problems and it seems Ridgid can’t get a handle on the problem. I guess the thing to do is start a Bad Battery Thread?

Comment

Mark obviously needs "winkies" to get a joke. I personally feel like they are training wheels for a sense of humor.

Ridgid..........ORANGE........get it?

never mind..........

Comment

Working...
                                X