X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Coil Framing Nailer specs?

I gather this is available in Canada but not the US for some reason?

Still when I look up the specs:
    http://tinyurl.com/ycbzrsv
    I see the weight listed as 12.1 lbs. Could that be right? If so, it's the heaviest framing gun I ever heard of.

Also, does anyone know if/when this nailer would be availble in the US?

Thanks,
    John

Re: Ridgid Coil Framing Nailer specs?

Here's the nailer, on the Canadian version of Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...k=P_PartNumber

It's been available in Canada for at least two, if not three years now. Regarding the weight, that number does seem a little high to me. I don't own the nailer, so I can't weigh it for you. One of my family members have it, and I have borrowed and used it before, so that weight does seem high, but it could be right though - it's just about perfect feeling, for the kick that it has, and it's also very balanced in your hand.

Who knows if/when it will be available in the U.S. Usually, we get tools here much later than they come to market for you guys in your HD stores. But every once in a while we're ahead of you guys by maybe a month or two. In the case of this tool, since it's been out for so long here, it may be one of the few Ridgid tools that are only offered for the Canadian market. You may be out of luck.

Comment

Well some more searching and I found this page:
      http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R350FCA-...iler/index.htm

I'm not sure what/where that page is from US or Canada or ? but it list the weight as 7.86 lbs which is much more reasonable. I have tendinitis in my elbow so the weight is pretty important to me. I'll have to look for another light gun with a good reputation I guess.
      I think Bostich has a magnesium coil framer out now.

Thanks for the info.
      John

Comment

The Bostitch Magnesium version is 8.1 pounds, Senco version is 8.0 pounds, Dewalt is 8.4 pounds, Hitachi 11 pounds,and Porter Cable 7.4 pounds. Your not going to find a coil framer by any name brand dealer that weighs under 7 pounds and if you do then please by all means let me know where you find it and ill buy 3 myself.

Comment

Originally posted by John-Charleston View Post
          Well some more searching and I found this page:
          http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R350FCA-...iler/index.htm

I'm not sure what/where that page is from US or Canada or ? but it list the weight as 7.86 lbs which is much more reasonable.
          The pages on Ridgid generally list all their tools, whether they are sold in both the U.S. and Canada, or either or. The 23 gauge pinner is another example of this - it's been available in Canada for 2 years, but it is not sold at The Home Depot in the U.S. But, this framing nailer appears to be another of these rare few Canada-only items.

And yes, that weight does seem more right. I figure that the higher number was actually the weight of the nailer in and with all of it's packaging - case, manuals, etc.

Comment

Maybe they haven't passed safety tests in the US or something. The weight sounds great at 7.86 lbs to me. I don't do that much framing these days so I was hoping to pick up a used one. Maybe I'll look for the magnesium bostich.

Thanks,
            John

Comment

Yeah, the Ridgid nailers as well as the Bostich ones use magnesium - lightweight, strong metal. I think the DeWalt ones may use Mg also.

And I don't think it's an issues of them "not passing safety tests in the US" - it's more an issue of what The Home Depot wants to carry. I know with the Ridgid 23 gauge pinner, HD in Canada carries them, but HD in the U.S. decided to sell a Husky or Porter Cable version instead, I believe, and since they have a higher profitability from selling the Husky and PC stuff than Ridgid, they went exclusively with that. The instruction manual of the pinner mentions all the normal U.S. and Canadian safety stuff, so it appears to be fine.

Comment

Working...
              X