X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime warranty questions

I have a Ridgid cordless drill that I bought under a lifetime warranty program on 12/30/03. I laminated the receipt and still have it only it's fading and might get too hard to read one of these days.

Can I register this drill at this late date? If I register it, will I still need the receipt for warranty? I have scanned the receipt but I'm not sure they'll accept a photocopy.

Also the drill is a 14.4 volt. I was disappointed that they never came out with a circular saw and flashlight to work with the 14.4 system and now I gather they've discontinued the 14.4's altogether. Will I still be able to get batteries and replacement parts in the future?

The warranty program has been great so far. I've had the batteries and chuck replaced twice each and the charger once. It's why I always check Ridgid's version of whatever tool I'm shopping for first.

Thanks,
    John

Re: Lifetime warranty questions

Originally posted by John-Charleston View Post
    I have a Ridgid cordless drill that I bought under a lifetime warranty program on 12/30/03. I laminated the receipt and still have it only it's fading and might get too hard to read one of these days.

Can I register this drill at this late date? If I register it, will I still need the receipt for warranty? I have scanned the receipt but I'm not sure they'll accept a photocopy.

Also the drill is a 14.4 volt. I was disappointed that they never came out with a circular saw and flashlight to work with the 14.4 system and now I gather they've discontinued the 14.4's altogether. Will I still be able to get batteries and replacement parts in the future?

The warranty program has been great so far. I've had the batteries and chuck replaced twice each and the charger once. It's why I always check Ridgid's version of whatever tool I'm shopping for first.

Thanks,
    John
    John
    1-Warranty issue-Some of the posts in this thread might help. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28087
    2-We are still purchasing Ridgid 14.4 batts off the shelf from Home Depot for use with the excellent Ridgid 14.4 Volt impact tool.
    Ray
    Last edited by roadrashray; 09-28-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ray, It'll take me some time to work thru that thread. I had thought no one replied but the "instant notification" didn't take for some reason.

Are you (and your Home Depot) in the states?

Comment

Thanks Ray, It'll take me some time to work thru that thread. I had thought no one replied but the "instant notification" didn't take for some reason.

Are you (and your Home Depot) in the states?
        John.....I think you could probably move fairly quickly through the floatsom and get to the one or two detailed, meaningful posts.

Yes the HD store where we have purchased 14.4 volt batts recently was in Auburn, NY, however I would believe based on posts on this forum that they are fairly universally vailable at HD stores in the US.
        Good luck....Ray

Comment

I did finally read this thread, thanks. It looks like I'll be covered for the distant future. Even if my reciept fades out.

Now another question....How do they determine when the batteries need replacement? One of mine barely holds a charge but they returned both without replacing them.

Also regarding this forum, I've subscribed to the threads I've posted in and clicked for instant notification via email but whenever I go to my CP the subscriptions are there but the notifications are unchecked. Even if I check them in the CP, they don't stay checked. I've tried unsubscribing/resubscrbing and changing email addresses but I never get notified when someone replies.
          Any idea what that's all about?

Comment

I did finally read this thread, thanks. It looks like I'll be covered for the distant future. Even if my reciept fades out.

Now another question....How do they determine when the batteries need replacement? One of mine barely holds a charge but they returned both without replacing them.
            .........Thats a question you should be asking the service center.
            Also regarding this forum, I've subscribed to the threads I've posted in and clicked for instant notification via email but whenever I go to my CP the subscriptions are there but the notifications are unchecked. Even if I check them in the CP, they don't stay checked. I've tried unsubscribing/resubscrbing and changing email addresses but I never get notified when someone replies.
            Any idea what that's all about?
            No
            Good luck....Ray

Comment

John-Charleston,

At this late date, you've probably already discovered the answer to your questions, but I thought I'd follow-up in any case.

First, in the time period that you bought your 14.4-volt drill, Ridgid power tools were still in the "Introductory" period in which the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" was being offered without having to register the tool. So, you do not need to register it, even at this late date. But, I imagine you could still log it if you wish. Probably a call to Ridgid customer support could clarify that for you. But, you do NOT need to register it.

During that time period, Home Depot was notorious for having receipts that faded. I would either scan or copy it as soon as possible. A copy is sufficient for the service requirements.

To my knowledge, 14.4 volt batteries are still available. However, even it they were not... the LLSA states that Ridgid will honor service and therefore the responsibility for replacement parts is thiers... not yours and I suspect that the tool will always be given proper service responsibility by Ridgid.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

The 14.4 batteries are still available in the HD stores in my area.

Comment

Working...
                X