X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewalt 9.6 - 18V Charger

I've lost the charger that came with my Dewalt 7.2V Cordless Screwdriver. Would a Dewalt charger rated at 9.6 V (9.6 - 18V) charge the 7.2V batteries that came with the tool?

Thanks
    Spakman

Re: Dewalt 9.6 - 18V Charger

I dunno but my gut says no.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have used it to charge 7.2V RC car batteries, worked fine

Comment

Originally posted by Spakman View Post
        I've lost the charger that came with my Dewalt 7.2V Cordless Screwdriver. Would a Dewalt charger rated at 9.6 V (9.6 - 18V) charge the 7.2V batteries that came with the tool?

Thanks
        Spakman
        yes it will, you might have to make a breakout cable with 2 alligator clips to do so. Most dewalt chargers will charge down to a single 1.2v cell.

CAUTION: Be careful as voltage between either charger prong and the ground is 64 volts, so if you touch one of the terminals while the charger is plugged in, you might get killed. If you are wearing socks on a concrete garage/basement floor, you will get a huge jolt which might stop your heart.

Please provide the model number so I can tell for sure. You can get DC9116 which charges 7.2v-18v on eBay for $20 shipped.

Comment

thats y i prefer corded =]

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
            yes it will, you might have to make a breakout cable with 2 alligator clips to do so. Most dewalt chargers will charge down to a single 1.2v cell.

CAUTION: Be careful as voltage between either charger prong and the ground is 64 volts, so if you touch one of the terminals while the charger is plugged in, you might get killed. If you are wearing socks on a concrete garage/basement floor, you will get a huge jolt which might stop your heart.

Please provide the model number so I can tell for sure. You can get DC9116 which charges 7.2v-18v on eBay for $20 shipped.

DRC-Wartex,

Thanks for the information; however I managed to find a charger that is rated for 7.2 - 18 V.

Spakman

Comment

Working...
            X