R86006 or R86007?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R86006 or R86007?

I went to get an R86006 but my local HD didn't have one. They did have the R86007. I can drive an hour and a half to get an R86006. I don't care about the size, etc. I know that several members here had positive things to say about the R86006 but I haven't heard much about the R86007.

Is it worth driving the distance to get an R86006 or is the quality of the R86007 just as good?

Re: R86006 or R86007?

http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,91.0.html

Comment

Hey, I was wondering if that battery on the dewalt is a compact battery like the Ridgid. Is it comparable in lasting power with the lower 1.5 ah.

Comment

I am not exactly sure what the purpose of that link was? I have already looked at that. Are you trying to say the 07 is just as good?

Thanks

Comment

I have not had any experience with the 07 however we have had three of the 06's in our company for the last two years and they have performed flawlessly in very tough conditions of daily contractor use.
          I would drive an hour and a half to get one, however the good news is you should not have to. If you go to the customer service desk at your local HD they should do a store transfer of the 06 for you.
          Enjoy....Ray

Comment

That is a nice write up of both drills and nice to see someone took the time to break them down. But drilling holes with them isn't excatly a fair test. Dewalt has nicad, Ridgid has Lithium batteries. Dewalt 1.7 ah Ridgid 1.5 ah. You would kind of expect the 1.7ah to last longer than a 1.5 ah battery. It is kind of like testing a 20hp zero turn vs 20hp lawn tractor and plowing snow with both of them.

Comment

It's a test between choices. At the time of this test did Dewalt have a compact lithium ion drill? No. If you were to walk into Home Depot with the intention to buy a compact drill, you would see 4 pro choices. The Makita BDF452, the Milwaukee 2601, the Ridgid R86006/7, and the Dewalt DC720KA. If I were that person shopping for a compact drill, I might be interested to see some stat's and tests so that I could make a educated enough decision to purchase a drill based on my needs. Weight, performance, runtime, ect...

So is it fair to test NiCd against Li-Ion. No, but if a NiCd drill was my only option from a certain manufacture then I would still want to know how it preformed.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter5143 View Post
                You would kind of expect the 1.7ah to last longer than a 1.5 ah battery. It is kind of like testing a 20hp zero turn vs 20hp lawn tractor and plowing snow with both of them.

At the bottom of the test it shows holes per Ah. The drills are in the same class, a zero turn is not in the same class as a lawn tractor. The test is lawn tractors vs lawn tractors. One is operated by gasoline, the other is operated by a alternative fuel... say electric, or propane.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
                  At the bottom of the test it shows holes per Ah. The drills are in the same class, a zero turn is not in the same class as a lawn tractor. The test is lawn tractors vs lawn tractors. One is operated by gasoline, the other is operated by a alternative fuel... say electric, or propane.
                  thanks, did not see the very bottom of the test data, very thorough testing.

Comment

It's at the bottom. I'll paste it here, and save you the trip back.

DEWALT DC720 Drilled 35 Holes, or 20 holes per ah.

RIDGID R86007 Drilled 21 Holes, or 14 holes per ah.

Comment

Originally posted by Kanxrus View Post
                      It's at the bottom. I'll paste it here, and save you the trip back.

DEWALT DC720 Drilled 35 Holes, or 20 holes per ah.

RIDGID R86007 Drilled 21 Holes, or 14 holes per ah.
                      yeah just read, thanks

Comment

Good testing, nice pics, great breakdown.

Comment

Working...
                        X