Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

RIDGID WD06350 wet / dry vacuum warranty.......

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID WD06350 wet / dry vacuum warranty.......

Hello,
    About a year ago I purchased a WD06350 wet / dry vacuum and last week it decided to eat its own guts. Some how the vacuum fan assembly twisted around the motors shaft and spun off ripping a giant void in the fan assembly and leaving a round disc that was once part of the assembly still attached to the bolt and shaft.
    My question:
    Is this covered under the life time warranty ? I would hope so but you never know. This is definitely not a normal wear issue, and nothing could have possibly gotten sucked in to lodge because I never ran it with out the filter element in place. It didn't rust because its made form aluminum.
    I purchased another identical unit last night because I need to use the table saw and router this weekend. Will I simply be given an RN number to take to Home Depot ( place of purchase ) for a refund of purchase price ?
    That would be nice because it would then cover the cost of the new identical unit and I wouldn't be out an extra $50 this week.

I have emailed tech support with the model number and serial number. Haven't heard anything back yet though. I would call but with my work hours I can't call through out the week. I work from 8-5 every M-F. those same hours are also in place for tech support

Thanks for any information.

Re: RIDGID WD06350 wet / dry vacuum warranty.......

You need to work with one of the authorized Ridgid Service Centers. Home Depot does not handle warranty issues after the initial 90 days from purchase date. I believe that Ridgid will either fix or replace that vac but I doubt if you'll get them to refund you any money. Check out your Owners Manual for the details of the warranty.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yeah I emailed customer support and they basically gave me the run around.
      Played emphasis on the fact that misuse and or abuse is not covered.
      Could you tell me how in the heck I could misuse or abuse a vacuum made for sucking up dirt, saw dust, and water ?
      In the same breath the rep also told me I would have to take it to a service center ( ok which one and where ? ) then tells me I would have to send it back to them.
      ( which is it ? a service center or back to Ridgid ? )

The INNER fan / disk that creates the vacuum literally spun itself to the point of ripping a gaping hole in it with part still under the hold down nut. That disk creates vacuum by drawing air through the filter. Its virtually impossible for anything to gain access to it because of this. Not from the the exterior on top, and not from the bottom because A: it is sealed B: its protected by the filter sleeve as well as the pleated filter C: air blows out not in on top of the unit.

My 1st response as a rep would have been take it to a local service shop and I would have given an address. But .. that's just me. If I offered a life time guarantee I would honor it for my reputation and honor amongst its loyal consumers.

I think this will be the last Rigid vacuum I purchase.......
      Possibly Ridgid tool as well.
      Last edited by Duane867; 10-06-2009, 12:02 AM.

Comment

While I agree Ridgid needs to stand behind their products I think you should give them a chance to stand behind it. If I understand correctly you have only spoken to Ridgid though email. Of course they are going to tell you abuse isn't covered but give them the oppurtunity to look at the vaccume and confirm that the problem is infact a manufacture defect and not abuse.

I had a stainless steel vac that rusted out. I called Ridgid. They wanted to see the drum. I took pics of it and they sent me out a new drum. Easy as heck. Give them a shot you might be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I thought about it a little more. Also when I needed service I wasn't even asked for a receipt or if I registered it. In fact the warranty for the vac had less loop holes than the power tools lsa. good luck too you

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            You need to work with one of the authorized Ridgid Service Centers. Home Depot does not handle warranty issues after the initial 90 days from purchase date. I believe that Ridgid will either fix or replace that vac but I doubt if you'll get them to refund you any money. Check out your Owners Manual for the details of the warranty.
            It seems that I should have taken my own advice and checked my own Owners Manual for the details of the shop vac warranty. Apparently there are no Authorized Service Centers for the Ridgid shop vacs and the warranty states that a call should be placed to Ridgid Customer Service for any related warranty problems. Also, the warranty states that if the problem can't be resolved then a full refund of the purchase price will be issued.

No excuses but I just assumed that all of the Ridge Tool made products carried the same warranty terms. Another fine example of the "*** - u me" rule.

*** = arse
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X