X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Fence Upgrade

After quite a bit of indecision on adding additional rip capacity, I finally decided to upgrade the fence system on my R4511. I have really enjoyed this saw but kept running into situations where 30" just didn't cut it (pun intended).
    I took delivery of a Shop Fox G9220 7' system that I purchased from Grizzly and spent most of a Saturday setting it up. The hardest part was having to drill holes on the rails to line up with the stock threaded holes in the granite top. I could only use 1 stock hole on each side and had to drill the other 3 per side. I built an extension table for it as well and now had 54" of rip capacity. I have only made a few test cuts but so far I am pleased with how it turned out
    Attached Files

Re: R4511 Fence Upgrade

That looks REALLY nice! Can you please post a few more closeup pictures? Also, a picture of your fence and details - looks like you lengthened it by bolting on a couple of new pieces... does it work well given that the extended length goes well beyond the splitter?

Thanks!

Jim

Comment

"SWEET"....................

Big G

Comment

looks like you've abandoned the mobility features of the 4511. is the herc-u-lift for sale?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          looks like you've abandoned the mobility features of the 4511. is the herc-u-lift for sale?
          Actually, the Herc-u-lift works perfectly. It lifts the entire unit. I just need to take a little extra care moving it when it's up on the casters.

Comment

Nice job.

Red
            Red

Comment

Looks great... Looking to perhaps purchase a R4511... any suggestions? Price seems great, looks like a good saw... but wavering over a Grizzley, Delta... etc...

Comment

Edited after further reading ...( Is this fence extension something available or did you build it yourself? )
                OK did you add this Shop Fox system to the original Ridgid rails/fence to lengthen, or did it replace the existing rails? How about the fence itself?
                Does a different fence come with the Shop Fox system?

Details please! I am planning on a R4511 purchase in the very near future and the ability to extend the table is one of my big questions.

Thanks,
                Tom in AZ
                Last edited by GrizF150; 10-18-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Would you be willing to sell the factory fence and rails? Thanks Charles

Comment

Working...
                  X