X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Choices, Choices...

at 46" long and over 120lbs, i wouldn't want to hoist the 2410 up on a bench or tailgate unassisted. however, the bosch, at 60 lbs., shouldn't be that difficult.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
      Could you please explain the difference between the two? I'm confused:

Since contractors tend to use jobsite saws and rarely have an actual contractor saw on site these days, there is a fair amount of confusion and interchanging of the terms. There's really no set standard definition. Even though it is physically larger, the 2410 stills fits all generally accepted criteria of a portable jobsite saw....direct drive, universal motor, plastic and aluminum, etc. The contractor saw has typically been full size, cast iron and steel, with belt drive induction motor, 290#, etc....basically something like a TS3650.

Last edited by hewood; 10-08-2009, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        at 46" long and over 120lbs, i wouldn't want to hoist the 2410 up on a bench or tailgate unassisted. however, the bosch, at 60 lbs., shouldn't be that difficult.
        Just to clarify I noticed that the Bosch is listed as 99 lbs with the stand. We have the older 2400 Ridgid and have found that with the stand folded and on end it was the correct height to grasp at the bottom and easily slide up into a pickup.
        I have never used this Bosch saw, however I have used many Bosch products over the years and have found them to generally be well designed well built tools.
        We purchased the Ridgid 2400 two years ago because......
        1-Our satisfaction with other Ridgid power tools we had purchased and used.
        2-The assurance of being able to give the product a good test due to the Ridgid 90 day satisfaction guarantee which provides for a no hassle return within 90 days if not fully satisfied with the product.
        3-The Ridgid Lifetime service agreement to help keep our power tool maintainance costs down over time.
        4-We purchased the saw for $299 at a HD black friday sale.
        With two years of service under our belt we have been very happy with the saw. As previously stated it is easy for one man to slide it in and out of a pickup. While it would be nice to have larger wheels the balance is ok to fairly easily pull over undulating job sites. I like the expanding table feature and the fact that the onboard measuring tape moves with the table slide to stay in registration. As someone who has joined the visually challenged I really appreciate the little magnifier placed over the tape so I can easily adjust the thumbwheel to a 1/32 measurement. The power is very good and in fact comparable to the excellent Dewalt table top saw we have had for several years. The soft start is a useful feature especially in the challenged power circuits of the old houses we often work in. The stand is very rugged and very stable when set up.
        Sorry you had a problem with someone at HD. Let us know how the Bosch saw works out for you.....Ray
        Last edited by roadrashray; 10-08-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Ok... this is getting kind of ridiculous. My only reservation on the Bosch is that the fence just doesn't feel good... it does not slide well one handed and the adjustment feels a bit clunky. The ridgid has a great fence, as far as I can tell.. slides easily one handed and feels solid. What is kind of pissing me of is the fact that of the 3 HD's in the area, only one of them has one on display and they have it up on a five foot high shelf which puts the saw at about 7 or 8 feet and while I am 6'6" that is still a bit inconvenient... and they won't pull the damn thing down off the shelf for me to fiddle with... I am looking kind of seriously at a Jet hybrid or Unisaw at this point... more expensive but maybe I should just do it right...

Comment

Sounds like a major Home Depot attitude issue in your area. I don't know about there, but as much as a PITA as I can be to some of my local HD's, I know that if I walked into one and said "I want to buy that $400 (or so) tool, but before I buy it, I'd like to check it out more thoroughly - please take it off the shelf for me", I damn well can guarantee that they'd do it. And if the orange apron helping me didn't want to do it, then most hardware and/or store managers around here would sure tear that orange apron a new one () and get it done pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Chappy View Post
              Ok... this is getting kind of ridiculous. My only reservation on the Bosch is that the fence just doesn't feel good... it does not slide well one handed and the adjustment feels a bit clunky. The ridgid has a great fence, as far as I can tell.. slides easily one handed and feels solid. What is kind of pissing me of is the fact that of the 3 HD's in the area, only one of them has one on display and they have it up on a five foot high shelf which puts the saw at about 7 or 8 feet and while I am 6'6" that is still a bit inconvenient... and they won't pull the damn thing down off the shelf for me to fiddle with... I am looking kind of seriously at a Jet hybrid or Unisaw at this point... more expensive but maybe I should just do it right...
              Here's the problem with irrational bashing of any product or company. When the claims you make become to ridiculous someone may actually check to see if you are telling the truth. I have shopped at Home Depot's all over the US and while some of the stores may have problems, most of them have Ridgid table saws on display. The Ridgid TS2410 is a popular saw and is usually on display and in fact at the 5 HD's we have in the Auburn, NY area, they all have a 2410 on display.
              Your complaints that you could not find a HD in the Alachua,FL area with a Ridgid TS2410 saw on display so "you could get your hands on it" and you were "pissed of about that" simply did not ring true. I Googled HD's in the Alachua,FL area and within a couple of seconds had the listing and phone numbers of the three HD's located at Gainesville and Palatka. I called each one at 352-332-7440, 352-371-8459, 386-325-5857 and because these stores are surprisingly efficient within about ten minutes I had the truth. The first store did not have a Ridgid TS2410 on display, however both of the other stores did. I asked the Power Tool associate in each of the two stores claiming to have the saw on display to confirm they had it by walking to where the saw is located and touch it and confirm to me they had it on display on the floor, because I wanted to have someone go to their store and "feel and touch and play with the saw." They both assured me that they were next to the saw and read the information off the tag to me.
              Sooooooooooo if you want to stop this charade and actually get your hands on the Ridgid TS2410 you can go to HD at 5150 NW 13th Street, Gainesville, FL‎ - (352) 371-8459‎ or HD at 417 N Hwy 19, Palatka, FL‎ - (386) 325-5857.
              Actually I don't care what you do, because what "pisses me off" is someone who wastes my time‎ for ........what?......bash Home Depot?.....bash Ridgid sales outlets?......Ray
              Last edited by roadrashray; 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

chappy...what's preventing you from buying one and trying it at home? ridgid, i believe, still offers a 90 satisfaction guarantee. if you aren't happy with it within 90 days, just bring it back. that way you can "fiddle" with it to your heart's content in the privacy of your own home. keep it if it's what you want or, return it. don't forget that, because it's over $299, it qualifies for 6 mos. deferred billing. so you can use it for 90 days with no money out of pocket and return it, no questions asked, if you are disappointed with it. where's the risk?
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Purchased the R4510 w/ $25 Lowes coupon and sent in 20% Friends and Family rebate - I also purchased the Feugo small recip saw to get to $500 for 20%. The saw is much easier to fold and unfold than I thought it would be. I don't see how the Bosch gravity rise could be any easier. Riving knife and pawl and guard are quite easy/quick to take off and on. So, for a net of $375, I think a no brainer. In fact, I may buy more stuff at 20% off.

Lance
                  Last edited by ommegang; 10-31-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Read the fine print "Limit one submission per household."

Comment

I have had the 2400 for 3 years, still running strong, and use it often. I like the larger top than the Bosch.

Comment

Originally posted by Calder View Post
                        Read the fine print "Limit one submission per household."

This is rudimentary to cicumvent. Submitt it to a relative, po box, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X