Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a TS3612 worth?

Hey Gents,

I was wondering if a barely used (according to the second owner) TS3612 is worth $350? It was originally $300 but the owner moved five hours away and wants another $50 for transport back to the area. I figured if they ever come back to visit family he could just drop it off at my place. Anywho the top is rusted due to storage in a detached shed and they are supposed to send more detailed photos so I can get a better idea of it's state of disrepair. But I digress is it worth $350 I was leaning to-wards $300. It has the Herc U Lift and everything except the miter assembly. Any wisdom, guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh it has the web extensions and dual voltage motor. I have a TS2424 that I could sell to a friend but I would lose about $50 I already have invested. The only reason I am considering this saw is I have a few more small parts t buy for the 2424 (around $50) and of course the TS3612 has a 36" rip to the right as opposed to my 24" on the 2424.

Thanks Charles Abbott

Re: What's a TS3612 worth?

My 3612 is worth more than $350 to me but then I'm not selling mine. Realistically, I'd say that it's worth $250-$300 depending on condition. A little rust on the table top is easily cleaned up so if that's all that's wrong with then $300 is about 50% of what a new one cost. Regardless of what subsequent models sold for, to the best of my recollection the 3612 always sold for $597 NIB.

That extra $50 he's asking for transportation is just that and really not related to the cost of the saw. Whether he delivers or you pick-up someone will have an expense related to getting the saw from A to B.

I'm prejudiced but IMO the 3612 was the best of the bunch of all the contractor style table saw models that Ridgid has offered to date.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hey Badger Dave,

I think your right. It was one of the last truly American made saws that was still affordable. My only problem is the wife. I already have "too many tools" to begin with. I didn't realize that was even possible . She is right I do LOVE tools. There is no better feeling than fixing or building something with your own hands, knowhow and tools that you didn't have to beg a friend or neighbor for.

If it was $300 still there wouldn't be a problem. But alas I am still waiting for photos.

Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by ceabbott2 View Post
        ..............My only problem is the wife.
        Yeah...........like you're the Lone Ranger when it comes to this.

Split the difference and meet the guy half way, 2½ hour drive for both of you, and offer him the original $300.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave,

You are all over it!!! But I will admit without her I would have almost everything I wanted and no pot to pee in I guess I'm preaching to the choir... can I a brother get an AMEN! Thanks for the advice. Again you guys always manage to verify what I'm already thinking.

Charles.

Comment

Working...
          X