• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craftsman granite top hybrid table saw

anybody seen one of these yet:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...04952478eHGlDk

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...04952478pTlkKE

store staff in the yonkers, ny sears store said it had just arrived, and they only had the pictured display unit (note cardboard packaging under unit).
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: craftsman granite top hybrid table saw

Looks just like the Steel City one I saw at Highland Woodworking in Atlanta last week... which looks just like my 4511 except for the Herculift base and my marble being t-slot and the Steel City one not...

Comment

Steel City owns Orion, who makes these hybrid saws AFAIK.

Comment

Saw (pun intended) the new granite top TS @ Sears yesterday. It's the 22124 replacement. It doesn't come with a Biese fence (clone), the aluminum miter extension or the miter clamp. Was told it came with a craftsman blade. It wasn't put together well on the showroom floor; the assemblers did a shoddy job of putting it together. Bad selling feature! Still can't tell if I like the granite. The miter dragged on the top and the wings weren't flush with the top (due to the poor assembly). The salesman was not very knowledgeable. He didn't know what trunions were.

Comment

Until they start putting a metal slot like on router tables for the miter track I would not buy any of them. The slot is too easily prone to damage, easy manuf. fix, not sure why they have not changed that. Milling a straight slot has to be less expensive than a "t-slot" to do anyway.

Comment

The one I saw last week at the local Sears looked real good to me (except for the $950 price). The granite seemed to be of a higher quality than my R4511. The fit and finish was very good and I thought it was a damn nice looking saw. Probably would have jumped on it if didn't have the 4511. Has a riving knife and the same 1.5 hp motor.

Big G

Comment

I saw the saw at Sears. Granite looks exactly the same as my 4511. Even has the same "silver button ID tag" underneath each extension wing.

Probably the same saw as the 4511 but with a full "cabinet" and different fence. Guessing it comes with the separate splitters a la the Steel City, as the sears folks had left them out sitting on the granite top.

Comment

fwiw, finally found a picture of the subject saw:

http://s.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00...sm=0.9,0.5,0,0

comes with a small outfeed table. not a bad looking saw; just wish the rails and fence were on the one i saw in NY as the pictured fence seems to have a biesmeier look about it.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Are you sure that's the same saw? That looks like the zipcode saw and doesn't look like it has a riving knife.

Comment

Why would you still call the craftsman one a "hybrid" if it has the standard cabinet instead of legs like other hybrids I've seen?

Comment

Working...
                    X