X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4510 DADO Throat Plate

I have just purchased a RIDGID R4510 Tablesaw at Home Depot. It is a fantastic saw but,there is one problem. I can not find a dado throat plate for it and even after calling RIDGID they could not find a dado throat plate either plus they could not even find my model of saw. I am at wits end on this problem. Has anybody else come across the same problem? Does anybody have any idea where I can purchase a dado throat plate or a zero clearance throat plate that will fit this model ? The owners manual said to use a 6 inch stacked dado set but,others including RIDGID said you can use a 8 inch if you want with no problems but yet this is the same company that coild not find a dado throat plate for mine even after I gave them the part number and they could not even find my model. I just bought this saw in September (2009). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. RONAVISH

Re: R4510 DADO Throat Plate

didn't know ridgid made a mogel 4510 table saw. are you sure it isn't a 4511 or a 4516? they are very different saws and the difference could affect the answer to the question you are asking. a photo fo the saw would be helpful.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Why not just make your own? I have made several so I have one for each size dado I want to make.
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

"coild not find a dado throat plate for mine even after I gave them the part number"

post the part number you have for the dado throat plate
        the R4510 saw uses a different throat plate than the R4511 and R4516
        not sure on the 8", check for clearance before you buy or try one
        it would be better to make plates as you need them for the different sizes
        i dont understand why customer support couldnt find your model,

Comment

Hi All, Here is the part number for the Dado Throat Plate according to the RIDGID Owners Manual that I received with the saw, part number AC31DP1.
          Also, here are some pic's of the saw. Tod, I would make my own Dado Throat Plate but, I do not know how. Any, help would be greatly appreciated. Ronavish

Comment

that is a good part number, have you local service center order one for you
            there about $2.00 each

Comment

please note the model number (ts2410ls)of your saw . it is printed just below the description of the saw as shown on this page from ridgid's web site:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS2410LS...w/EN/index.htm

and can a dado insert for that saw really be purchased for $2.00? that would be a really good deal.

BTW, here is a link to a site on making your own ZCI

http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/090/...arance-insert/
              Last edited by FINER9998; 10-19-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

the pics he posted are of the new R4510 saw, there are a few changes made from the ts2410.

dado plate is $2.00 for this model, will not fit the older models

Comment

is a link to the $2.00 dado throat plate available?

Comment

you can use the dealer locator here at ridgid to locate a dealer near you
                    or check with www.gardnerinc.com (ridgid power tools master parts distributors) ,
                    these are new parts and model number that are not in the part look-up program yet,
                    if your local dealer wont order one for you, pm me and we will get you one,
                    some dealers dont like spending the time to look up or sell $2.00 parts, not a lot too be made off this.

Comment

do you have a sku, part number or any other numerical identifier for the part? i checked with HD, dealers local to me and gardinerinc and none of them could refer me to the $2.00 dado throat plate. would you be kind enough to provide that infomation?

Comment

AC31DP1 is the part number, home depot is not a service center or part center, it would be nice if they would stock the accessories

have your local service center log into gardner and look up this number or call them direct, gardner may not sell it to you direct, if you order it through ridgid or drop shipment from a service center it will ship from gardner

just logged in, there is 100 on order, if your local center wont look it up for you, let me know how many you want and i,ll get an eta on them

Comment

Mr.Smallen, I had just PM you and hopefully you can help. Thank you for your time and patience. Ronavish

Comment

I would like to order 2 of them.

Maturity comes, when one realizes that one's deeds or pleasures does not cause the pain or suffering of others . ( My Great Grandfather from Russia told me this one).

Comment

Anybody actually been able to get one of these? Still checking around...
                              RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
                              --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Comment

Working...
                              X