X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Pressure Washers

I see, but quite honestly don't read, quite a few threads about problems with the Ridgid Pressure Washers. Is this just a case of the unhappy being more vocal than the happy? Or, are they really not worth buying?

At the local HD that I infrequent, I noticed that they don't even have them in stock any longer. They have one or two varieties of the DeWalt line plus a bunch of the Husky models but no Ridgid's.

I have a nephew in the market for one and I was going to point him towards one of the Ridgid's but now I don't know if I should. He likes the Karcher one I have but the closest dealer for them is over an hours drive away and he would prefer something a little closer.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Ridgid Pressure Washers

Hopefully you get good feedback from all of the helpful people here. I am curious about the product not being in the store. Which one is it so I can investigate. Thanks!

Comment

It appears that nobody has anything good to say about the Ridgid pressure washers. I guess I'll steer the nephew away from buying one.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave,

Would he be interested in a really serious pressure washer? If yes, have him look over this web site and also be ready to totally smash the old piggy bank.

http://www.landa.com/ShowDynamicProductSeries.aspx

Please remember these are for serious users that understand that high quality machinery is an investment. Quality only cost more $$$ until you work it and work it hard, then it actually costs far less over the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          It appears that nobody has anything good to say about the Ridgid pressure washers. I guess I'll steer the nephew away from buying one.
          OMG, hell is frozen.

Comment

The stores around me still have have a few, mostly the 3000psi machines. I like the 3000psi i have even though its the older model with the AR pump. I've had no problems with mine and its well built. I wonder if your store sold out of them and since they are not a big seller heading into winter, they just didn't order any more. I bet you will see them on the shelve at the end of winter.

Comment

PROBRAND

I haven't seen much if any stock of RIDGID pressure washers at The Home Depot locations in my area either. I think it's more than just the season. My bet is the HUSKY ones may well have lots of "Made In China" POC grade parts and thus are dirt cheap. So far I haven't taken a look at them as I really would not want one around here. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for more info on the RIDGID ones.

Comment

I have one of the earlier 3000psi ones (without the CAT pump on the newer version), and I love it. Overall design is good, all things functional, etc. I also only paid $299 for it on a promo sale, so the price for the performance is top notch. IMO, the higher price for the newer version with the CAT pump is just too much. Yes, it's a better pump, but the dollar value per usage, etc., for me just makes it not as good, IMO. I've had a cracked face plate (twice), but both times it was easy service for getting a replacement part (thanks Wyatt - #2 is holding fine, with about 4 hours of usage so far).

Placement in stores is always iffy with the different tools, and depending on the regions. We see the pressure washers all over the place up here, but we go through months at a time of nothing, and then there's 1/2 dozen on display one day. Always weird, but that's the HD for you.

There's actually been a whole bunch of interesting accessories come out for the pressure washers in the PowerCare line (which, is done by TTI, who also does these Ridgid pressure washers). They have a cool new vac/pump accessory to add onto your pressure washer wand to turn it into a pump, and it works awesome. I wish it wasn't a big plastic housing though, and instead more of an aluminum or brass fixture, but the price is very reasonable to make up for this.

Comment

On a bit of a side note, I've been talking with some of the TTI guys down out of South Carolina on another issue, and I have mentioned some of the main points about the pressure washers (different versions all over the place, manual lacking, no service guidelines, etc.). I'm waiting for another call to follow up on something first, but I have made mention of the fact that it could be a huge benefit to have some TTI guys on here to help people out. Not just about the pressure washers, other stuff too, but to work through some repeat issues.

Comment

I have about four hours on my 80903 (3000psi w/Cat pump). It has performed flawlessly, is relatively quiet, starts easily, and does the job. The stores in my area keep them stocked (tow or three usually).
                    Ern

Comment

I passed on the Ridgid washers because of all the problems I read about them. Instead I bought a northern tool washer. www.northerntool.com I really like my purchase

Comment

Working...
                      X