X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3000 pressure washer pump type

I'm interested in purchasing the model 3000 (RD80701) pressure washer, but I'm confused about the type of pump this model uses. The Ridgid site lists it as a CAT "commercial grade" pump, and Home Depot describes it as a "Direct Drive 3-Piston Axial Cam, with Brass Head". However, I've seen other references that indicate that in 2009 Ridgid moved from an axial cam to a CAT triplex pump on this model. That's my preference. I could be wrong, but I don't think a 3-piston axial cam is the same as a triplex. Can anyone help me clarify this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Ridgid 3000 pressure washer pump type

The newer models have the Cat Triplex pump. The older models have an AR Axial Cam pump with the brass head. I bought my Ridgid pw last year with the axial cam pump, it was 399. The newer models which i believe came out this year hae the CAT pump and cost around 550.

Comment

Den,
      I went ahead and bought the thing, and it's a great unit for the price. It does indeed look like a triplex, even though the pump model is not listed on the Cat site. I read somewhere that the pump is made special for Ridgid and is not available otherwise. Thank you for your reply. It reassured me that I made the right decision. BTW, I also bought a turbo nozzle, and it's amazing on concrete. Thanks again for taking the time...

Comment

If it's the brass pump, I believe that's the axial cam, and it's made by AR (if I remember correctly). The newer ones have the CAT pump - you can spot it by the light blue paint that the pump is painted with.

Comment

It's not so much an "older vs. newer" issue, it's how the particular models are spec'ed.
          RD80701 uses a CAT pump and has from day one.
          It's the RD80746 that uses the AR axial pump.
          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
            It's not so much an "older vs. newer" issue, it's how the particular models are spec'ed.
            RD80701 uses a CAT pump and has from day one.
            It's the RD80746 that uses the AR axial pump.
            Yes, thank you. I stand corrected on the model number revisions also. I knew there was a change, but I didn't look so much at the model numbers, as I did the pumps. Thanks for the verification/clarification on that.

But regarding the OP's initial question, I think we went a bit all over the place on you. Did everything go well with your purchase? How's it running for you?

Comment

Working...
            X