X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems adjusting my new table saw

Hey, new to the board and I just bought the 10'' granite top saw and I cant get the right piece of granite to level out with the main piece. . The left side adjusts perfectly. The far right side is way low and no combination of supports will allow me to level it with the main piece. Any advice?

Re: problems adjusting my new table saw

Can you shim it? It's not uncommon to have to place shims between the main table and wings of any tool to level them. I've used anything from tape, to pop can aluminum, to thin washers depending on how big the gap is.

Comment

I was thinking about using some sort of shim but was afraid that over time the shim would squish down and not work as well. I was hoping that I was missing something because it was off about 5/32. It seems a little much to be off and take up with a shim.

Comment

5/32" is quite a bit, but is still worth a try. The alternative to pursue warranty help.

Comment

I tried for about 2 hours to level it out and could not get it right. I called rigid today and they are sending me a new wing. Great customer service, hopefully the saw will work as good as the customer service is!!

Comment

Working...
          X