X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilti TE5 Hammer Drill

I have a Hilti TE5 Drill and when I pull the trigger, the chuck doesn't turn. Is there some type of clutch that may be disengaged?

Thanks.
    Bilcor

Re: Hilti TE5 Hammer Drill

the chuck should turn whether it is on dill or hammer drill.

Is this something that just started happening or did you just buy a used drill?

G3

Comment

Not sure if that can happen because the switch between drill and hammer was moved to a neutral position? The chuck can be popped off the drill, did someone somehow disengage the chuck while attempting to remove a bit?

Comment

I just recently purchased the used drill. The seller stated that it was in great condition and was fully checked out before shipping. When I got the drill, it looks almost like new but when I checked it out, no rotation. I had a larger Hilti several years ago and I knew it didn't have a way to disengage the clutch. I think the gears may be stripped in the unit. Just wanted to check to make sure that I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks,
        Billy Correll

Comment

The TE5 has been out of production for 3 or 4 years (just made a different model number).
          I have a brand spanking new TE5 if you are interested in it and will guarentee it is not DOA, never drilled the first hole, cord is still tied together. Has plastic case, instructions, cleaning cloth, oil can, rubber dust cap, would like to get $260 out of it, this would include shipping.
          I accidently hit the buy it now button on ebay and was the proud owner of it, I was looking for a TE15 at the time.

Just let me know if you are interested and I will get you some pics of it.

G3

Comment

Pop the chuck off by placing the end of the chuck in the palm of your hand and pulling the base towards your palm with your fingers. Once you have the chuck off you can check for rotation again or attempt to examine the internal gears. It's been a while but I think that's how it came off?

Comment

Working...
            X