Ts2401ls @ hd had riving knife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts2401ls @ hd had riving knife

I have been researching portable TS and deem the Ridgid a good buy @ $499. I am waiting for black Fri though. Anyway, I watched an internet video on riving knives, since I am in property management and use it for laminate and whatnot and don't know a whole lot about woodworking and TS. But, the portable model TS2401ls at HD had a riving knife. A black cuved serated balde behind the saw blade that moves up and down with the blade. Am I incorrect?

Lance

Re: Ts2401ls @ hd had riving knife

Originally posted by ommegang View Post
    I have been researching portable TS and deem the Ridgid a good buy @ $499. I am waiting for black Fri though. Anyway, I watched an internet video on riving knives, since I am in property management and use it for laminate and whatnot and don't know a whole lot about woodworking and TS. But, the portable model TS2401ls at HD had a riving knife. A black cuved serated balde behind the saw blade that moves up and down with the blade. Am I incorrect?

Lance
    you are incorrect.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS2410LS...w/EN/index.htm
    has no riving knife

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R4516-Ta...w/EN/index.htm
    does have a riving knife.

Comment

actually, the OP is correct. apparently, there is a new ridgid portable 10" saw that looks like a 2410 but is model # r4510. check out this post which has photos of the new saw in the fifth post:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28661

major differences seem to be the riving knife, fence, blade guard and power switch. looks really good. anyone know if there is any info on it anywhere? didn't seem to be anything on the ridgid site either.
      Last edited by FINER9998; 10-23-2009, 05:45 PM.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

good luck finding that.

I am glad to see they are doing some improvements.

Comment

while at the local HD this morning, i saw the r4510 in its box in teh tool area. same sku and price as the 2410, so they won't be clearancing anything to make way for the 4510. i don't understand how ridgid can put its name on a new and improved product and not publish a word about it. and when the auto shift dril/driver was introduced, i recall there being some find of a count down on the forum leading up to its introduction. just my $.02.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation FINER9998. I was at HD today and the display price/ID says TS2410LS but when I looked at the two available boxes they said R4510. Considering that I seen only two boxes, I don't think waiting till black FRI would be a good idea. I have a $25 off coupon that I think I will use on it soon.

Lance

Comment

do a google search for "friends and family ridgid" and you will find a way to save some more money on that purchase.

You might have to add another tools to get it to the $500 threshold, but it will save enough to make up the difference.

Comment

Purchased the R4510 today along with the Fuego small recip saw in order to reach the 20% discount for F&F. Thanks gentlemen for all input. I just printed out the F&F rebate form, hopefully, that's good. Why do they call it F&F anyway? I am thinking of purchasing other stuff if the printed version is ok.

Lance

Comment

in a conversation with ridgid CS this a.m., they confirmed that the downloadable rebate form is a valid program for ridgid tools. they also referenced the same type of a program for ryobi tools. i just haven't seen or heard anything about ryobi rebates either here or on bt3central.

Comment

Working...
                  X