Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee M12 Radio durability test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2OtOnt5tws

Re: Milwaukee M12 Radio durability test

I didn't drop kick mine down a flight of concrete steps like in the video but it fell about 6 feet off a water heater and down some stairs. I was fully expecting the plastic display to be destroyed but only a small scuff mark.

My only complaint is that it doesn't keep time very well. Off by about an hour every 24.

Comment

I love the idea behind this little 12 volt radio. I know we have a few options now in the Ridgid radio stuff, but I'd love to see a little 12 volt lithium-ion Ridgid radio come down the pipeline. That, and especially a new update on the Ridgid 12-volt right-angle impact and/or drill/driver. That would be sweet for Christmastime!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        I didn't drop kick mine down a flight of concrete steps like in the video but it fell about 6 feet off a water heater and down some stairs. I was fully expecting the plastic display to be destroyed but only a small scuff mark.

My only complaint is that it doesn't keep time very well. Off by about an hour every 24.
        Off by an hour per day? Could it have been a bad one? My buddy got one of these, and he didn't notice an issue - he's more than pleased with it.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
          Off by an hour per day? Could it have been a bad one? My buddy got one of these, and he didn't notice an issue - he's more than pleased with it.
          Might be just the AAA batteries that hold the time are low but they were brand new when I put them in.

The only clock I ever use is Verizon Time

Everyone comments on the radio and what good sound it has. Sometimes I get jiggy wit it

Comment

clocks use quartz crystal that vibrate with the constant frequency regardless of battery voltage.

EDIT: technical correction
            Last edited by DRC-Wartex; 10-31-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRC-Wartex View Post
              clocks use quarts crystal that vibrate with the same speed regardless of battery voltage.
              Vibrating crystals?

Sounds more like witchcraft

Comment

Working...
              X