X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My first 4511 tablesaw project

I finally got my wall done... the blue is a midnight blue but shows up lighter in the pictures - probably the flash. When I push everything against the wall like you see in the picture and roll my wife's car out of the garage, I have a 20'x20' clear work area. I put casters on my workbenches and the tablesaw has the Herculift, so I can roll everything up against the wall when done.

Total time spent was probably around 24 hours... 6 of that painting. I've still got to make about 10 or 20 more hangers as well as some small shelves, but the hanging system is pretty much done.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, I'm planning on building my 2.5 year old son a bed - either a Thomas the Train or Firetruck... he can't make up his mind. He has a small white toddler bed that I'm going to use to fasten the parts to for easy removal (when he changes his mind). I'll try and post some pics when that project is underway. Loving my 4511... it would have taken me 3 or 4 hours to cut 27 strips for my wall system (the blue parts) with a circular saw (because the strips needed to be fairly accurate)... took less than 2 with the tablesaw.

Jim
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great.

And my vote is for a firetruck bed. IMO, a Thomas the Train bed would only be "cool" for him for a few years - once he's 6 or 7 or 8, other kids may tease him about it, since it's a bit more of a "toddler" thing. As for a firetruck, that's "cool" until he's potentially into his pre-teens, and then it's time to get him a full size bed at that point anyways. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I agree... Firetruck bed.

Pics to come...

Jim

Comment

Or...how about a firetruck and Thomas? :-)

Comment

Well, I've only got one toddler bed to work with, so it's got to be one or the other... I could build two different frames for him, but no...

Comment

Build a firetruck bed, and tell him his name is Tim - he's Thomas' ugly redheaded step-brother.

Comment

Shouldn't it be Frank the Firetruck? Or Fred? Or Flip?

Jim

Comment

Working...
                X