Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 price drop $499.

Hi:

I have been following the threads on the R4511 and was waiting for Black Friday discounts. Went into HD on Sunday and the saw was marked at $499 usually it is $599. I figured it was a mistake but it wasn't. It isn't marked as being on sale or anything. I spoke to the store manager who said if there are any additional markdowns or promotions for Black Friday he would honor them on the saw. Picking the beast up tonight.

PS. I first noticed the price of $499 in the Salem NH store but purchased it at the Plaistow store.

I have some reading in front of me for the assembly and adjustment.

Re: R4511 price drop $499.

With the current Friends & Family promotion going on until Dec. 31 that should drop your price down to around $424 or even $400 if you spend another $1.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

at $400, the 4511 would be an excellent value. that's the same price at which the 3650/60s were clearanced.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I don't want to hear it. (Just kidding, wish I had known about Black Friday)
        I paid full price but still think it is one heck of a saw at full price. Just spent a hour tonight cutting 6/4 red oak for end tables and like they "cuts like butter".
        Charles

Comment

I was a little irritated to hear this - I took my receipt (32 days since purchase) in to Home Depot yesterday and yes, the tablesaw had a $499 price on it. I asked for a manager to see what could be done.

First, they won't refund the difference after 14 days (what I was told). Second, the return policy is 90 days so while the manager wouldn't tell me to return it, he said it "was possible."

The downside is that I'd have to haul my assembled 4511 back, get the refund, by a new one, have it carried home, and assemble again. It took me easily 12+ hours to put mine together properly and I have no inclination to do that again. Yes, I paid $80 more (they gave me a slight discount when I bought) but for the hours it took me to assemble, it's not worth hauling back for the refund.

To give HD credit, the manager was very nice and understanding and gave me his business card and told me the next time I make a purchase at HD to call him first and he'd "take care of me." Good to know - I doubt it'll be $100 worth, but the effort is appreciated.

Jim

Comment

I picked the saw up last night. Ended up having a similar experience I took the 12 months no interest coupon in with me which I had just received. The store manager wouldn't honor it. I thought about returning it before even taking delivery but the 12 month thing isn't that big a deal to go though the hassle. Store manager muttered something about a new HD policy.

I do wonder what will happen if any other discounts come up in the next 30 days which a different store manger said he would honor...

Anyway, assembly time, I have my lap top on my workbench just for this process.

Thanks

Julian

Comment

Originally posted by techwriter View Post
              I was a little irritated to hear this - I took my receipt (32 days since purchase) in to Home Depot yesterday and yes, the tablesaw had a $499 price on it. I asked for a manager to see what could be done.

First, they won't refund the difference after 14 days (what I was told). Second, the return policy is 90 days so while the manager wouldn't tell me to return it, he said it "was possible."

The downside is that I'd have to haul my assembled 4511 back, get the refund, by a new one, have it carried home, and assemble again. It took me easily 12+ hours to put mine together properly and I have no inclination to do that again. Yes, I paid $80 more (they gave me a slight discount when I bought) but for the hours it took me to assemble, it's not worth hauling back for the refund.

To give HD credit, the manager was very nice and understanding and gave me his business card and told me the next time I make a purchase at HD to call him first and he'd "take care of me." Good to know - I doubt it'll be $100 worth, but the effort is appreciated.

Jim
              I don't get it...why go through all the hassle? Buy the new saw @ $499, walk out the door with it and head right back into the store into the Returns and Exchange counter and say you want to return the saw but give them the receipt from your first purchase. Wouldn't that work?

Comment

that buy and return process has never failed to work for me.
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlton View Post
                  I don't get it...why go through all the hassle? Buy the new saw @ $499, walk out the door with it and head right back into the store into the Returns and Exchange counter and say you want to return the saw but give them the receipt from your first purchase. Wouldn't that work?

Yes, it would work - but it's not ethical. As a Buddhist, I could not do this with a good conscience.

Comment

with my miter saw a couple years ago it went down $100 about 2 months after i bought it, they also told me i was past the price guarantee time frame, so i just asked for clarification if i brought my old one in for a refund i could get a new one at the new price.
                    the coustomer service lady then asked if i had my reciept and i got the reduced price without bringing my saw back in.
                    i too generally wouldnt do this but for 100 bucks, and with the 90 day guarantee i felt that was a good enough reason for me to return it if need be

Comment

I asked about the possibility for the price to be reduced further for Black Friday yesterday at my local HD. The lady at the service desk said that they really don't know but looked up the saw and noticed that the $499 was the clearance price for the saw and that clearance items typically don't go on sale nor will they be restocked. So I pulled the trigger with a 10% Lowes coupon - seemed like a good deal for $450

Comment

Working...
                      X