X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosch or Hitachi 12" CMS

Hey guys, New to the forum. By my login, you can see i am a Hitachi fan, but i need a 12" slider, and have narrowed it down to the Hitachi, or Bosch..Sold a Makita ls1013fl, so thats not an option(didnt like it)

Re: Bosch or Hitachi 12" CMS

I personally own the Bosch 12" slider. I've owned it for about 3 years. I've been mostly happy with it. If I were going to buy another one, I'd probably get the Dewalt DW718. I like the front controls on the Bosch, the extensions built onto the table.
    Last edited by Kanxrus; 10-31-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Might look at the Dewalt..Pricey sucker though!

Comment

New Makita LS1016FL 10" is the way to go. The Makita has a lot of good reviews and has 12" cutting capacity for crown molding.

Comment

Hitachi 12" SCMS Mine works great.
          Attached Files

Comment

What do you all think of the Milwaukee 12 SCMS? They dropped the price from 649.00 to 499.00 last week at HD!

Comment

The Millwakee has won numerous 'best tool' awards this year.

Comment

Milwaukee probably paid for them! I've used it, and I was not impressed!

Comment

I have a strong dislike for Hitachi based on their poor customer service rather than their tools. I own and use a Makita LS1013FL and have been very pleased.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

1 vote for dewalt dw718. It works well.
                    rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Take a good look at the Bosch models 4212 and 5412 if you really think you need a 12" blade model. I think either should work well. The 4212 has more standard controls and should cost less than the fancy 5412.

Question: Why do you really want a 12" model? Do you need to saw thick wood? Is there a chance a 10" blade model with a good sliding track system could handle all of your needs? If you really need a big monster, you may want to find somewhere with a 14 or 16 inch radial arm saw and have them cut the big wood. Then for more normal work, think about a good 10" sliding compound miter saw. They cost less (the saw) , are more accurate (many of them anyway) and replacement blades are easier to come by and cost a good bit less.
                      Last edited by Woussko; 11-02-2009, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Its going to be primarily a shop saw, i have a 10" non slider for jobsites. Figured if i'm going to spend the money, i may as well go big, but i have thought about the accuracy issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X