Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to make your R8823 a 1/2" Impact

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
    what do i have to do to get you to mod my impact like you did yours?
    Ship it on over and pay for parts, no charge for labor.

Comment

my email is pesciwasp@yahoo.com. email me your address and cost of parts and ill ship it with check for return shipping included.

Comment

I cant seem to find a 24V impact on fleabay to buy to modify. I have found everything else, drills, circular and recip saw, flashlights, uber rare vacuums, hand planer, 4 pc kits, but no impact driver.... Even craigslist in a 250mi radius has turned up no impact drivers.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

just keep checking it will show up eventually

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
            just keep checking it will show up eventually
            Found one, had to identify it by pictures. Bidding starting at $100, $130 BIN. It comes with a POS 18V autoshift drill

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
              Found one, had to identify it by pictures. Bidding starting at $100, $130 BIN. It comes with a POS 18V autoshift drill
              crappy idea that auto shift!

Comment

I got it in the mail today. I cant wait to try the impact with my crummy Ryobi batteries. The 24V drill brings the suck(trips the circuit breaker in teh battery), Love the 24V saw, it cuts way faster than the 18V does. Because of the battery issue with the drill, I am starting to get a feeling for why the 24V line did not survive. There are 2 more Ryobi trimmers at HD, one for $75 and another for $98, might just pick them up for the batteries.... PM me if you want to buy one of the weedwhips I have (and dont need)

The 18v autoshift, I have a feeling it is going to be unsucsessfully resold. I stalled the clutch in my hand, it was a pause and it shifted. Not sure how well that is going to work if I am drilling something, or trying to drive screws, having the drill jump like it has ants in its pants. It seems like a bad idea, just like trying to shift a big rig while on a grade. You loose control.....
                Last edited by masterbeavis; 10-20-2011, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Master, the 24v ryobi battery trips on my drill as well, but it will run all day on the radio. I'm starting to think that the ryobi battery I have isn't damaged as I thought, but is over all weak compared to the Ridgid flavor.

Comment

It is a 2.something battery, whereas the Ridgid is a 3.0. I did reading in the archives that the Ridgid batts "tripped" when taxed, and needed resetting. The Ryobi works great in the saw, cuts faster than the 18V one does. I don't have a recep saw to test, have not tried the battery in the X3 Florescent light that I have retired to the shelf.

Still, the batteries are worth the price I paid for them, and make these otherwise useless underpowered tools at 18Vtools I stumbled across for dirt cheap worth keeping around.

Comment

MB, why did you abandon the x3 light? Open to selling it? I have 3 max select reciprocating saws, want to trade one for the light?

On the Ridgid 24v batteries, I never have gotten them to trip from overloading them.

Comment

I have two of them actually, one has been used twice. I paid $60 for the X4 light, it is a mile better than the X3, and a bargain at twice the price! I have ran it for 16 hours during 2 days on one 3.0 X4 battery, it still had 2 bars left. The X3 light lasts for 1.5 hours if I remember correctly on the small lithium battery. The X3 CFL light I had to put a piece of tape on one side of the lens, I hated having sun spots in my eyes. It is fragile, I got tired of replacing bulbs when I dropped it. The X4 light you can adjust from a spot light to a diffused overall light. I also have the first LED light Ridgid released, it lasts a long time as well, but it is not as good as the X4.

The X4 light has the best of both worlds. It has the diffused light of the X3, the hook for placing the light on a 2x4, and the brightness and durability of the LED bulb. I like this light and the R849/859 hand held jobs. My next purchase is the Milwaukee LED conversion bulb for the R849 I have.

Comment

The x3 works with the 24v batteries, hence why I am interested in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                            The x3 works with the 24v batteries, hence why I am interested in one.
                            cant remember as i sit here but either the led or the x4 light works with the 24 volt bat

Comment

I don't think either do. I'll go out into the garage and give it a try however.

I have FOUR X3 lights now... Dang you craigslist!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                                I don't think either do. I'll go out into the garage and give it a try however.

I have FOUR X3 lights now... Dang you craigslist!
                                yep x4 fits 24 volt bat, what about led beavis?

Comment

Working...
                                X