R4511 table saw wont do 90 degree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 table saw wont do 90 degree

I cannot get my table saw into a 90 degree position. I get to about 89.6 and there gets to be too much tension on the adjuster and if I push it I can get it to about 89.7/8 before it jumps threads and drops back again.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?
    I suspect the table top may be out of alignment with the motor assembly so that 90 deg is just outside of it's range.

I have been very disappointed in this table saw. Out of the box the left wing was bad, the channels were cut 1/8" off so the wing would not line up so the fence rails would mount flat. I had to exchange the wing with the display model at the Home Depot I bought it at.

Within the first hour of operation I needed to drop the blade down lower and then could not get it to rise back up again, it kept jumping threads.
    I had to bring it in for repair and they had to replace the gears.

I suspect when they worked on it the first time they did not get the alignment of the top correct and this is the first time I have tried to do anything where I thought it important to check the the angle on the blade.

Anyone else have a similar experience or suggestions on a fix?

If I have to bring this in for repair again I am going to start screaming for a refund. This thing is extremely heavy and they do not do on-site repair. I do not even have 2 hours use on this damned saw and will have had to bring it in for service twice.

Re: R4511 table saw wont do 90 degree

Well no answers yet but I think I found the issue and it is so simple I am embarrassed.
    I have not attempted adjusting with the 90 deg stop screw. Did not know it was there or where until I found an online PDF of the manual here. Could not find my owners manual at home and it just did not occur to me there would be an adjustment. Kinda silly not to think of it when it seems to be such a common function to begin with.

I guess my previous issues with the saw were clouding my mind to answers so it is time to let go of the frustration and look at the issues clearly.

Comment

want a good tip about the 90* and 45* stops? set them and forget about ever using them. as they accumulate debris from saw operations, they will become increasingly inaccurate. due to their relative inaccessability, keepiing them clean is usually not worth the effort. i have mine set so they allow the blade carriage to move past 90 and 45*, using plastic drafting squares whenever i need to set an angle.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        want a good tip about the 90* and 45* stops? set them and forget about ever using them. as they accumulate debris from saw operations, they will become increasingly inaccurate. due to their relative inaccessability, keepiing them clean is usually not worth the effort. i have mine set so they allow the blade carriage to move past 90 and 45*, using plastic drafting squares whenever i need to set an angle.
        I think your right. I would not rely on the stop to be accurate for any critical cut which is how I discovered the problem in the first place.
        I picked up a Wixey digital angle gauge and used that, then followed up with my square when I could not seem to get it straight.

I keep saying 90 degrees but should I be saying 0 degrees? I am thinking in reference to the table top but 0 degrees might be more clear.

Comment

the blade angle references off the saw table. so the blade forms a right angle relative to the table. that angle is 90*. zero degrees would be parallel to the table.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
          X