help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

can anybody tell me about jp6101 jointer.iam told it is about 2 years old ,but i thought they changed to orange 4 or 5 years ago.can buy for 200.00 isthis a good buy? thanks for helping a newby. drifter

Re: help

The color was changed from gray to orange in September of 2003. If the one you're referring to is gray than it's way over 2 years old. The Ridgid jointer is a very sound machine with good reviews so I doubt if you'll be disappointed with it. $200 would be in the upper price range for a used Ridgid jointer so unless this one is in pristine condition I would offer less than that.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

BD,

If I am correct, I believe the design hasn't changed though. Typically, the jointer, thickness planer (TP1300 model, not the new 3-blade cutter that came out last year), TS3650 table saw, and the DP1550 drill press all came over to Ridgid "Orange" in 2003 without any significant changes in design or material structure.

Of course, we've seen new models of the thickness planer and the table saw in the last year or so, but I believe the jointer is still the same.

I just thought drifter would like to know if there were any changes in the design since that time, in case this particular unit is in excellent condition.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
        BD,.........If I am correct, I believe the design hasn't changed though...........
        CWS
        CWS, I don't think that I implied that the design changed. The point I was making was that the $200 asking price was on the high end for a machine that could have been in use for over 6 years. I do agree though that the basic design hasn't really changed between the Emerson built jointer and the TTI built version. Also, IIRC, the TS3650 was never produced by Emerson and was the first TTI made contractor saw. The TS3612 contractor saw was the last Emerson made saw and was never marketed by TTI.
        Last edited by BadgerDave; 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X