X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Table Saw

I have a Craftsman 10" table saw Md.#113.295702. It was hardly used except when it was it was used with an 18 gauge extention cord and it burned the stator windings. Sears no longer sells this motor or parts for it. Is the stator or complete motor available?

Re: Craftsman Table Saw

the 113 in the model number indicates the saw was built by emerson electric for sears. have you tried contacting emerson? a replacement motor is probably available from them.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Is that an induction motor or universal?

Comment

By the illustration provided on the Sears parts site, it looks like an induction motor.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...0001575&blt=06

I doubt that a direct replacement will be available, even from Emerson. You could probably check into getting the motor rewound though.

On the other hand, if the saw is quite old, as I suspect, and depending on the features that this unit may or may not have, you could just look at what the current market offers.

CWS

Comment

If it's an induction motor, there should be lots of used Emerson/Craftsman motors available at a reasonable price, but it doesn't have to be from Emerson. Many motors of the same frame and electrical specs will work well.

Comment

Heywood,

It's an induction motor, but like the one on my RAS, it's "frame" is propriatory to the machine, having a housing that "fits" the particular machine. In this particular case, the front end of the motor housing appears to serve as the mounting assembly.

While one might get lucky with a Craigs List or E-bay search, I presume that the age of this saw will be a detriment. (But again, I'm making an assumption that the saw is quite old.)

Trusky, are you still out there and can you provide any further information on this table saw?

CWS

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
              The saw is a few years old but has very little use. It belonged to my dad (he was an electrical engineer) and according to him, the motor burned because he was using an extension cord with wire that was too small. He said he new better but was only cutting a couple of pieces of trim.
              It is an induction motor and has the proprietary frame. I have done a little looking and haven't found one yet. I'm not sure how to actually find someone at Emerson that can help me. I got to this site trying to find someone. To rewind may be cost prohibitive. Just calling around the minimum in this area seems to be $250.00. I do work in the industrial electric field and could probably prevail on one of my associates to get me a deal, but I try to keep personal and business separated. Anyone know of a contact number at Emerson who can help?

Comment

Working...
              X