rigid 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

Just purchased a nice clean unit off craigslist. the one thing i notice when i have the lithium ion batter in the unit its is slow start. if i pull on the trigger all the way it doesnt turn @ all, I have to slowly pull, and then give it all and it works fine. I also have a nicaid battery for the unit and no issues when I use that battery. Is this normal when using the lithium ion battries?

Re: rigid 18 Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Drill

Originally posted by duhaas View Post
    just purchased a nice clean unit off craigslist. The one thing i notice when i have the lithium ion batter in the unit its is slow start. If i pull on the trigger all the way it doesnt turn @ all, i have to slowly pull, and then give it all and it works fine. I also have a nicaid battery for the unit and no issues when i use that battery. Is this normal when using the lithium ion battries?
    no......

Comment

so your saying with this drill, I should be able to pull the trigger all the way right away and the drill should go? like i said, its only happening with the lithium ion batteries the other battery(nicad) is fine

Comment

No, that seems off. There shouldn't be any issue with whichever battery - it doesn't matter the battery chemistry type (ni-cad or lithium-ion), the power going through the drill is the same. This shouldn't be happening. I'm wondering if it could be an issue with the drill's trigger more than a battery issue.

Comment

Originally posted by duhaas View Post
          so your saying with this drill, I should be able to pull the trigger all the way right away and the drill should go? like i said, its only happening with the lithium ion batteries the other battery(nicad) is fine
          Since you state that the performance is fine when you use the NiCad batt, but not with the LI batt I suspect the LI batt has a problem.
          Since you state you purchased these tools on craigs list I assume they are used. You can't determine how much a battery has been used by looking at it. I would suspect that the LI batt is worn out or defective. LI batts have circuitry to prevent damage caused by overload or other conditions. This circuitry may be damaged causing the condition you describe. The only way I know of testing the batt is by taking it to a Ridgid service center. You can find the location of Ridgid service centers by going to the bottom of this screen and following the Ridge Tool Co. thread. Of course the cost of a service center could quickly exceed the cost of a new LI batt, so you might choose to live with the battery as it is.
          Good luck...Ray

Comment

Working...
          X