X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 24 volt caulk gun

Just thought I would post a note commenting on the caulk gun. I used mine for the first time this past week. I only paid $30 for it so I thought I would get it and try it out despite some harsh criticism from some members. If it was crap I only lost $30. I helped a friend put up some chair moulding on wall at a local rent to own joint. We used construction adhesive and brad nails. That gun was awesome! It saved us alot of time and probably a cramped hand. I guess for small projects it wouldn't be very useful, but for the couple hundred feet of double rowed 12 ft. pieces of material, it was cool as hell. If you do alot of caulking and/or use alot of adhesive, I recommend it!

FRANK

Re: Ridgid 24 volt caulk gun

Good note. Thanks.

Comment

I have one too. Not used it much. Be careful with the larger tubes as you need to add a larger fender washer or PVC cap inside the tube as the too small pusher washer can cause the large tubes to leak out the back. good for adhesive but too bulky for usual detailed caulking.
      The older Ridgid pneumatic[made in USA, looks like the plumbing tools division build ] is excellent, I like that better. Amazon had them when they were Tool Crib.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew M. View Post
        I have one too. Not used it much. Be careful with the larger tubes as you need to add a larger fender washer or PVC cap inside the tube as the too small pusher washer can cause the large tubes to leak out the back. good for adhesive but too bulky for usual detailed caulking.
        The older Ridgid pneumatic[made in USA, looks like the plumbing tools division build ] is excellent, I like that better. Amazon had them when they were Tool Crib.
        had the larger disc in mind from earlier posts, but it worked fine, no problems. I will be re-caulking most of out side of my house in spring, i think it will come in handy.

Comment

Recently worked on a "Green" house build. They caulked the world there. EVERY stud seam.

Battery operated caulk guns may be one of the needed tools if this is done more often.

J.C.

Comment

I board and battened an old shed last year and I caulked every seam. Used about a case of Lexel.

The caulk gun saved my arm, hand, sanity.......
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

...stoopid tool...

Comment

Dude looks hungry......
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Comment

There's no arguing that this tool is great for those who need it and use it. I'm still disappointed Ridgid has not made an attempt to compete with other cordless tool manufacturers. I have myself to blame for not taking the time to research before buying. I'm still pleased with my five piece nicad set, but the thought of another tool line and different batteries and charger just to get the tools I want is upsetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      There's no arguing that this tool is great for those who need it and use it. I'm still disappointed Ridgid has not made an attempt to compete with other cordless tool manufacturers. I have myself to blame for not taking the time to research before buying. I'm still pleased with my five piece nicad set, but the thought of another tool line and different batteries and charger just to get the tools I want is upsetting.
                      I agree, but we all know its reality. I have RIDGID 24, 18, 12 volt, and Dewalt 18 volt. Just got rid of my craftsman. Looking to Bosch or Milwaukee to get the tools you have been begging for.

Comment

Working...
                      X