Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know when the new Ridgid r4510 portable table saw will hit stores?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when the new Ridgid r4510 portable table saw will hit stores?

Hey guys, I have been trying to find a local HD that sells the new ridgid portable table saw with no success. All of them have not even heard of the model at all. I have seen a few posts online from people who have already purchased these table saws as early as september of this year... I am assuming that they were only released in certain parts of the country? Anyone know if there is a HD that sells them in the socal area? If not, anyone know when I should expect them to hit the stores?

I really want to purchase the table saw as soon as possible, but if I can't find one soon I am going to have to go for another one...

Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone know when the new Ridgid r4510 portable table saw will hit stores?

Are you in "LA" (Los Angeles) or "LA" (Louisiana)?

In Los Angeles, I've seen them under the display models (which the stores haven't changed out yet; the 2400's are still up there) in Pacoima and Sun Valley Home Depots. Elsewhere in the SFV they haven't received them just yet, but the managers at the other stores say they should be getting in all the "new stuff" this week, in prep for black Friday.

Interestingly, the sku tags on the shelves at the stores that have the new 4510's haven't changed to reflect the new model #, and the tool corral staff weren't even aware of the new model being there....

RC
    RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
    --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Comment

I am in los angeles, thanks for the information. Those stores are pretty far, but I will definitely go there if thats the only ones that have them. I am wondering if the stores that I called might just have them in the back or stored up above or something, and the employees just don't know about it...

Comment

Some of them don't even know the 4511 is out yet

Comment

yes, the 4510 and the 2400 share the same sku. they are all over the NY tristae area(that's NY, NJ and CT). and it surprises you that the tool area staff didn't know anything about this?
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            yes, the 4510 and the 2400 share the same sku. they are all over the NY tristae area(that's NY, NJ and CT). and it surprises you that the tool area staff didn't know anything about this?
            yes it does surprise me that the people who work at the store don't know what the heck they are selling (esp since I found out some of the stores I called actually do have them, even though they "confirmed" they don't have them and have no idea when they should come in).

anyway, thanks all for the replies. I am going to try to go to the stores mentioned above by rcxrc (and yes, I actually did call these stores and got the same "no we don't have it, and no we have no idea what you are talking about")

Comment

Bought one at the HD in Kirksville, MO one week ago.

Comment

Has anybody had a chance to closely compare the TS2410 to the R4510? What are the specs on the R4510? Is the table the same size as that of the TS2410? It looks a tad smaller. Is this a better saw, or just a cost-cutting move on the part of the company?

I ask, because both Ridgid and Ryobi in the past have brought out replacement products (remember their thickness planers?) that were actually inferior to the models they were replacing.

Interestingly, the Ridgid web site does not even list the R4510 and even a search of the number gets you no hit. This looks like some kind of "secret" saw.

Howard Ferstler

Comment

When I got my 4510 the HD dude told me they made some minor improvements to the saw:

- The fence micro adjustment was improved
                  - The blade guard is a bit newer style
                  - The location for storing the fence was moved from the side to under (imo this is a negative because it is stored upside down and gets filled with sawdust and crap if you aren't using it)
                  - The anti kick back fingers are different (not sure how different).

There are likely other differences as well but these are all the HD guy told me about. Mine has a place to store the blade guard and anti kickback fingers - idk if the 2410 had a place or not. The folding stand looks different to me as well.

RC
                  Last edited by RapidCut; 11-14-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I received an email rom Ridgid clarifying R4510. They said it is not on web site because it has not been released. However it is in some HD stores. In SC I found it in one store. It has same SKU number as the other saw. Strange isn't it.

Seems like a poor rollout campaign for this saw.

Comment

ridgid is more concerned with making tools than selling them.

Comment

Very strange... I just bought my R4511 3 days ago... had to call 3 stores to find one... Marked down to $499 and I had an additional 10% coupon. Manager said they weren't going to be getting anymore as the shipping cost were too high... Saw went together well and I'm amazed at how great of a saw it is...

Comment

Well, if you're in Buffalo / Hamburg, NY, its your very lucky day!!!

Saw this link while googling the R4510...

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/tls/1468680411.html

Guess this guy didn't get too much use out of his "used" R4510, if he's selling it for $250 (asking price). Could be your gain, if you're close enought for the pickup!!!

A new one would be $424 +tax with the "friends and family" 15% off coupon (-20%, if u add other Ridgid items listedin the coupon ad)

Regards,

RCx
                          RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."

Comment

R4510's in stores...you just gotta look!

Ok, here's what I've concluded...

Most HD salespeople don't know about the new model. It is coming in, but being stocked under the display model without any thought. Easy to see why, since the item # and SKU are the same. The easiest way to identify the newer model is to look at the location of the power switch in the picture on the box...the old one was under the table top, midway down the front side, kind of tucked in there (hard to reach; a common complaint).

The new R4510 switch protrudes out farther, and is located near the bottom left corner at the front of the saw (looks like it would be easy to shut off with your knee). You should also see "R4510" instead of "TS2400LS" printed on the corners of the boxes.

I had checked about a half-dozen local HD's in my area, and only found two with R4510 on the sales floor under the display model (in very busy stores in neighborhoods where a lot of contractors live, and where presumably the saws are selling fast and being restocked fast).

After visiting several more stores and explaining what I was looking for, an experienced salesperson checked all the stores in the area, and showed my how many Ridgid 10" contractor's table saws each store had in their inventory. I noted that most had twice as many saws listed in their computer system as I had seen in or around the tool corral (after looking up on top of the tool corral storage racks for overstock). I was told that often extra machines are stored several aisles away from the tool corral, and to first look at how many the stores showed on hand, then go find them. Note that many stores count their display model as one "on hand", and "missing" one or two items is fairly (sadly) normal. So don't expect to find all of them in the store.

I went back to many of the stores I hadn't seen the model R4510 at the first time, and Eureka! I found that more than half actually had them in stock, but had been put really high up on the top rack of an aisle storage shelf, sometimes far from the tool corral.

So, it appears that there is no rhyme or reason as to how they are being put out. It seems that they're just being put out as the TS2400's are being cleared out, but as no one mentioned this to the tool corral staff, they sometimes put out the new one first. You just have to recognize the new location of the power switch on the picture on the front of the box, or look for the model number printed in small type in the corners to ID the newer ones.

Hope this helps. Good luck finding them out there!!!

UPDATE: Just passed through Commerce, CA (LACo) on the way back from one of my kid's swim meets and thought to drop by the HD off the 5 fwy. Saw the same thing...TS2400 up on the Tool Corral display shelf, nothing (empty space under display model) stored right there to purchase, and two R4510's high up on top of the nearby aisle shelves...just sitting there for the asking. Just another FYI.
                            Last edited by rcxrc; 11-30-2009, 03:39 PM.
                            RCx

Comment

P.S. Just added an in-store first-impression review...

Just added an in-store first-impression review of the new model R4510 ...

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...d=1#post265148
                              RCx

Comment

Working...
                              X