ridgid tools waranty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid tools waranty

hi everyone i just want to say don't buy from rigid tools they have life time or like 3 years waranty like my 13 inch planner and my belt get broken and its only 4 months old guess what i tried to return for replacement they said 90 days onlyso all other tools whatever happens u can return them for your full refund least one year but this one is 3 years on the box factory warenty and also says life time waranty and i had to pay 37 $ and it was registerd and should have been free for replacement and labor if they least want to exchange for new one. that all i have just want you to be carefull when u buy from them , im not gana buy anything ever from this name i just dont want you to spend your money u can buy anything that u have better support

waranty Ridgid on power tool

HI everyone i just want to say don't buy from rigid tools they have life time or like 3 years waranty like my 13 inch planner and my belt get broken and its only 4 months old guess what i tried to return for replacement they said 90 days onlyso all other tools whatever happens u can return them for your full refund least one year but this one is 3 years on the box factory warenty and also says life time waranty and i had to pay 37 $ and it was registerd and should have been free for replacement and labor if they least want to exchange for new one. that all i have just want you to be carefull when u buy from them , im not gana buy anything ever from this name i just dont want you to spend your money u can buy anything that u have better support.

Just wont you to konow

Comment

Re: waranty Ridgid on power tool

read your warranty papers that came with the planer, you have 90 days to return to store you purchased it from, not 120 days. after the 90 days you take it to a service center for repair,not replacement.

you do not get 1 year replacement

3 year parts and labor
      life time service agreement if you register it properly

you didnt say where you took it for repair, but if it was an authorized service center they should not have charge you

home depot is not a service center

you have to follow the manufacturers warranty policy for repairs and service, this is true with any manufacturer

Comment

Re: ridgid tools waranty

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with a belt. Try smoking the motor once, then call ridgid. The 90 day/3 year/LSA is going to get you a new one, regardless if it has been 6 months or 6 years. I have had great luck getting parts and/or service on all of my ridgid power tools. And when I call for service, they are always polite and seem to genuinally care. If you are going to dictate what brand you buy based off of a broken belt, then I say good luck

Comment

Sorry to hear of your frustration.

Your writing is rather poor (no offense meant) so I may not totally understand what you have stated or of your thinking.

You planer broke a belt after you have owned the planer for four months and you are complaining that you couldn't return it to Home Depot for a full and unquestioned exchange... and you are thinking that you are getting ripped off? Is that your position?

I normally wouldn't waste my time, but I do have a certain frustration with postings such as yours, because you apparently don't understand the warranty; but here goes:

First and foremost, there's a 90-day "Satisfaction" guarantee... anything happens that makes you unhappy with your purchase, you get to return the tool to Home Depot for a refund or an exchange. SIMPLE! But, in your case, you were well past that period, so it no longer applies, the 90-day satisfaction warrenty has expired... What don't you understand about that?

There is a 3-year warranty on the tool, but it is issued by Ridgid, NOT Home Depot! The warranty fully explains that you must call and then send or take the tool to a Ridgid Authorized Service Center for repair. You can do that, but apparently you haven't done so. Is this where you are complaining about the $37... is that the shipping cost? I don't understand the compliant. Certainly, you could just order the belt and replace it and I suppose it would cost you less than shipping. But again, Home Depot only sold you the tool, it has nothing to do with it's repair or maintenance.

There is a "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement"; it is free, but requires you to register the tool.... DID YOU DO THAT? It doesn't kick in until haver the 3-year warranty period, I believe. But once it does, you are covered for life, so don't hesitate to register.

But even then, you must deal with a Ridgid Authorized Service Center and you must pay for the shipping to that address. They will repair and pay the shipping back to you.

I hope this clears up your misunderstanding. I know it's tough when there is a failure so soon, but "stuff happens". It is covered under warranty!

Be happy,

CWS

Comment

Re: waranty Ridgid on power tool

i did everything properly register and take to there repair ridgid service still it was charge 20$ labor and 16.67$ for the parts

Comment

i did everything properly register and take to there repair ridgid service still it was charge 20$ labor and 16.67$ for the parts

Comment

Well then, I think I can understand your concern. The question I would direct to Ridgid Customer Service is why did you have to pay for the belt and service to replace it?

Did they give you any explanation? I am under the impression that everything is covered except for the blades, which would naturally be considered a wear part. Perhaps that could even apply to a belt if the planer was several years old, but I'd like that explained further to me. (If the warranty covers things like batteries, which we all know have a rather limited life; then I think it should cover something like a drive belt...especially since the feed is automatic. The one question that I might have though was whether you tried to plane more than the capacity states... like trying to take more of a cut than the 1/8-inch maximum.

I would think that for a belt to break at such an early age in the tool's life, that the tool was overfed (too much cut) which would be your fault or if that's NOT the case, then it must have been defective and certainly that is the position that I would take up with customer service. From my point of view you should NOT have had to pay for the repair or the part, unless you overcut. Personally, I wouldn't let it go, and would be as insistant as possible to get this straightened out in your favor and be reimbursed for the bill that the service center charged you, IF, AND ONLY IF, you didn't exceed the limits of the cut. (Frankly, I'm not sure if thats even possible... others who have used the tool would have to chime in here, as my TP1300 is still in the box, yet to be unpacked.)

I wish you the best of luck and now understand your concern... and I agree with you!

CWS
                Last edited by CWSmith; 11-06-2009, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mutavelija View Post
                  If there was a charge then you probably didn't do everything properly. I think there is more to this story than you are letting on.
                  ================================================== ====
                  All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
                  X