Can i buy Ridgid tools on ebay??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i buy Ridgid tools on ebay??

If i buy the Ridgid R82007 drill on eBay, will ridgid honer the lifetime warranty?

Re: Can i buy Ridgid tools on ebay??

As far as I know, the warranty doesn't apply and will NOT be honored. It is my understanding that Home Depot is the exclusive retailer for Ridgid power tools. (Note, that plumbing tools are different and may have other authorized retailers/suppliers.)

Technically, anyone who acquires a Ridgid tool and then sells it on E-Bay, even in it's original box and/or even if the box is still sealed, would in fact be the first owner and any purchaser from them would be the second owner.

I believe the subject has come up before and there is some question as to how a particular individual or "E-Bay retailer" has acquired the Ridgid tools, since there is an exclusive agreement between Ridgid and Home Depot for their sale, at least here in the U.S.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by vid53 View Post
      If i buy the Ridgid R82007 drill on eBay, will ridgid honer the lifetime warranty?

if the seller includes the original receipt from HomeDepot, then yes. Otherwise you are SOL. To be honest for the price you get on eBay, asking for warranty on top is kinda.... ugh...

On the other hand, Makita and Dewalt go by the manufacturing date stamped on the tool if the receipt is not available, i.e. you still get 3 year warranty from that date. Just sayin'...

Comment

I was just at my local repair center today and the subject of eBay sales came up. The simple answer is "No." If you buy something on eBay, you're on your own. At least that is the stance from the service center.

Comment

Unless you get a really low price,and often for who knows what reason , people bid to the cost of a new tool, so it is not worth it. The main advantage to Ridgid is the LSA. Most tools are not worth repairing as they have part assembles which make repairs not cost effective.

Comment

Working...
          X