X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Registration

I just purchased a table saw and circular saw. I am registering for the LSA. Can I mail all the necessary documentation TOGETHER in one envelope or does each tool have to be separate? Thanks

RC

Re: Tool Registration

In the past those who have included a well written cover letter with their registration information have had the least amount of trouble getting their tools properly registered into the program. If you spell out exactly what your doing in your cover letter I see no reason why you would have any problems if you include all the info in one envelope.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      In the past those who have included a well written cover letter with their registration information have had the least amount of trouble getting their tools properly registered into the program. If you spell out exactly what your doing in your cover letter I see no reason why you would have any problems if you include all the info in one envelope.
      Thanks

RC

Comment

Not an issue. IE, yes, you can do that. I've done so myself many times with no problems.

Comment

I sent in a packet with 11 tools worth of stuff and had no problems what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by CLDS View Post
            I sent in a packet with 11 tools worth of stuff and had no problems what so ever.
            Haha. Then my two shouldn't cause a problem.

Thanks for the help guys.

RC

Comment

Rapid Cut,

The only caution I would have is to verify afterwards that all your tools are registered properly. When I was taking advantage of a battery warranty I learned not everything I had had been properly filed, as in Ridgid uses different methods to file items according to the Ridgid rep I spoke to. All depends on who is inputting the data off the warranty card. Some could be under first, last who knows what name.... The serial numbers that they could find for two items of mine under my last name were registered as a drill press. I know that doesn't make sense because of the serial numbers but that's what I was told. So a table saw, three hand drills, shop vac... were unaccounted for.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldier View Post
                Rapid Cut,

The only caution I would have is to verify afterwards that all your tools are registered properly. When I was taking advantage of a battery warranty I learned not everything I had had been properly filed, as in Ridgid uses different methods to file items according to the Ridgid rep I spoke to. All depends on who is inputting the data off the warranty card. Some could be under first, last who knows what name.... The serial numbers that they could find for two items of mine under my last name were registered as a drill press. I know that doesn't make sense because of the serial numbers but that's what I was told. So a table saw, three hand drills, shop vac... were unaccounted for.
                To solve this problem, I have a suggestion. It's what I do, as well as many others do also.

When I register a tool, I do it all online. Per the LLSA rules, I then have to mail in the UPC and a copy of the receipt. So, I use the registration card that comes with the tool, and fill out all of my information again (yes, I know it's a bit of a duplicate of what you do online, but still, it's also helpful for them to have a piece of paper, with your info on it, in your own handwriting). Then, after filling out all info (name, address, tool serial numbers, etc.), I include and write down my customer ID number (something you get when you first set up your customer file/eBox/Dashboard) on the card as well, right above where I wrote my name ("Customer ID: 12345678"). That way, no matter if someone misspells something, and can't find my file, they have my unique customer ID number, to ensure that everything matches up within the same file.

I then be sure to staple everything together (registration card, UPC, and photocopy of receipt, for that particular tool/kit, all stapled together), so that everything's connected. That way, they can't say that something "fell" out of the envelope and got lost or misplaced - someone actually has to physically take these items apart when they're doing the registration process, so it can't get unknowingly lost. Also, if you're mailing in more than one registration for multiple tools/kits, having the different stuff stapled together accordingly just simply helps make things simpler for them on that end.

I also am sure to mail everything in with a registered mail (Canada Post Xpresspost, something else for you guys with USPS), something with a tracking number and delivery confirmation. This just helps cover my butt if something "gets lost in the mail and didn't arrive". That way, if a loss does actually happen, customer service is more than easy to accept a photocopy of everything to try it again (remember to make photocopies of everything once completed - registration card, UPC, etc. - so that way you have a copy for your files if a loss does in fact ever happen. Remember, you have to send them the original UPC the first time, so having a photocopy of that cardboard cut-out just helps if you need to resend stuff).

Just a little advice to help cover your butt, and ensure that if anything does go wrong with the registration process, you've more than held up your end of things, and you can work with CS to get through any issues afterwards. CYA, gentlemen, CYA.

Comment

Thanks guys. I did everything online and sent everything in one envelope with a cover letter detailing everything. Ridgid told me that was okely dokely fine.

RC

Comment

Working...
                  X