Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Dado plate

where oh where can I find one???

Re: R4511 Dado plate

In your scrap wood pile. Seriously, they're not that hard to make with the help of a router and a pattern bit.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I made a dado ZCI for my R4511 yesterday out of some scrap 1/2" melamine that I had laying around. Fairly easy to do, just use the stock throat plate that came with the saw as a template. Lot's cheaper than buying ZCI's.

Take care...

Rick

Comment

I have made them too, (not this saw) and making them allows you a "0" clearance plate as one can put it on and raise the saw blade or the dado head up threw the plate and it has no side gaps
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Unfortunately you can't just make them out of scrap wood (or a plastic product like UHMW or HDPE). The anti-kickback pawls will dig into the ZC insert and not allow you to lower the blade. All is good if you use melamine, phenolic board or anything that is very hard to allow the pawls to slide rather than dig in.

Comment

Working...
          X