X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2" 18V L-ION Drill(R86014)

I purchased a L-ION Model R86014 drill on 7/29/09. With the Battery's fully charged it seems like the Protection feature kicks in with very little force. I can make it kick in by holding the chuck with a fully charged battery. The Protection feature has been a problem since the drill was new, but never as bad as it is now. The drill is unusable now. The drill seems fine, so i would imagine its either a battery or charger problem. I do HVAC and on occasion i need to force the drill to get the job done. Would i be better off replacing the batteries with a older type without the protection feature? The protection feature has always kicked in since day one, and i just cant imagine i push it any harder then any other tradesman. It also gets high reviews so its very possible mine has been faulty since day one. I purchased this drill on 7/29/09. Am i eligible for any type of warranty from Ridgid?

Re: 1/2" 18V L-ION Drill(R86014)

Originally posted by Budman View Post
    I purchased a L-ION Model R86014 drill on 7/29/09. With the Battery's fully charged it seems like the Protection feature kicks in with very little force. I can make it kick in by holding the chuck with a fully charged battery. The Protection feature has been a problem since the drill was new, but never as bad as it is now. The drill is unusable now. The drill seems fine, so i would imagine its either a battery or charger problem. I do HVAC and on occasion i need to force the drill to get the job done. Would i be better off replacing the batteries with a older type without the protection feature? The protection feature has always kicked in since day one, and i just cant imagine i push it any harder then any other tradesman. It also gets high reviews so its very possible mine has been faulty since day one. I purchased this drill on 7/29/09. Am i eligible for any type of warranty from Ridgid?
    I purchased this drill on 7/29/09. Am i eligible for any type of warranty from Ridgid?
    To quote John McEnroe "you've got be kidding Me !!!". grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Last edited by roadrashray; 11-17-2009, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Budman,

I don't understand why anyone would buy a product of any type and NOT read the warranty papers!

You HAD a 90-day Satisfaction Guarantee, in which you could have returned the tool for a refund or replacement.... that has now expired.

You HAVE a 3-year warranty, but that requires you to take or send the tool to an AUTHORISED Ridgid Service Center for repair.

You COULD OF HAD a Limited Lifetime Service Agreement which would have repaired or replaced components of your drill, including the battery and charger for the "lifetime" of the tool... which means practically forever. BUT, by now I believe you have passed that window of opportunity, to properly register the product.

In all the above issues, you would be required to submit your sales receipt.

You should have read the paperwork that came with your tool,

CWS

Comment

Yup, what CWSmith said...............................

Big G

Comment

The product was registered online, but i failed to send in my UPC code and other crap through the mail to get the LSA support. I would have returned it within 90days, but i am a apprentice and this was my first drill. I didn't know how it should work until i saw other drills working so well in the field. No big deal! I got the drill cheap (you get what you pay for!) The kit also came with a nice radio, and the battery's power it all day long, so all is not lost. I will stuff that radio in my new Makita bag, and chalk it all up as experience. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Budman,

Well all is not lost... you are still covered under the 3-year year warranty. So, go get the drill repaired. Also, depending on how long you've had this tool, you could still call customer support to see if you can still register it. They've been known to be lenient from time to time, so give it a try.

Hopefully, you still have the UPC; but if not, you can always plead ignorance and throw yourself at the sympathy of the customer service rep. At times, there have been rebates or whatever that require the UPC and the LLSA folks have waived their demand. A copy of the sales receipt is necessary though, so hope you at least have that.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X