New R4511 Disassembly for narrow stairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New R4511 Disassembly for narrow stairs

I'm getting ready to buy a R4511 table saw from some one who never even put it together. I have a narrow stair case to my basement. Is it easy to take apart and put back together? Would the large pieces be easily carried down stairs?

Thanks.

Re: New R4511 Disassembly for narrow stairs

Hi:

Yes it is easy to take apart and put back together. Just watch for the shims under the table if there are any and you will need to align it.

Easy to get down narrow stairs? For one person absolutely not. Should not be a problem with two decently strong people.

Good luck.

Julian

Comment

That makes me a little less worried then. Thanks.

My wife doesn't know it yet, but she's the one helping carry the pieces down the stairs.

Comment

It should arrive in it's cage/pallet broken down to the main top/main enclosure/motor/trunnion assembly as one unit, the two wings, the leg stand, Herculift, and the fence, all as separate pieces. The main top can be removed from the main enclosure...check for shims, as they'll need to be replaced in the same spots they came from. The main body should be no more than ~ 20" x 20"...if it's still too heavy, the motor can be removed to shed another 35-40#.

Comment

Originally posted by j3ff.pete View Post

My wife doesn't know it yet, but she's the one helping carry the pieces down the stairs.
          I wouldn't really recommend having your wife do it. The base with the motor and trunnion is still ridiculously heavy and unwieldy to carry into the basement.

Comment

I second Charlton's comment. This is not only a heavy object but awkward. You need someone with some strength and patience. I can only speak for my wife but those are two traits she does not have...

Comment

All is good. I took the top off and had a friend help me carry the base to the basement. Now for the reassembly. I have the base and Herculift together.

Comment

Ummm, unless your wife is Chyna, I would get some other help. Carrying things down some stairs has a tendency to make them feel twice as heavy as they really are. Do you really want your wife to "accidentally" let go, while you are on the bottom? Best to get a buddy to help you. That way, if things go wrong, you can kick his arse afterwards, and no problems.

Comment

All is good. I took the top off and had a friend help me carry the base to the basement. Now for the reassembly. I have the base and Herculift together.
                  LOL. Just read this. I didn't see this when I posted my previous. I really need to start reading all the way to the end of a thread before I start adding in my own comments.

Glad things worked out for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X