X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air compressor help

i have a ridgid air compressor that wont shut off, it just keeps building pressure then the release valve, gose off but i still can use it i just want to know how i can make it shut off when it reaches pressure

Re: air compressor help

hi polkowski,
    imho, it must be in the pressure switch. either it is set too high or it is a bad pressure switch. or possibly the release valve is faulty and opens at too low of pressure. sounds like warranty service time.

huck.

Comment

Watch the tank pressure guage to determine if it's a faulty safety valve. If the pressure is rising above the printed specifications (usually printed in the manual and/or directly on the compressor) and the safety valve goes off, you have a faulty pressure switch and the safety valve is doing it's job.

That being the case, you really need to get this serviced as soon as possible. Relying on the safety valve alone, is NOT a good thing to do. If it should ever fail and you're inattentive, the burst will get your attention... or most likely the attention of your neighbors so they can come and see if they should call the ambulance or the morgue.

Get er' fixed!

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
        Watch the tank pressure guage to determine if it's a faulty safety valve. If the pressure is rising above the printed specifications (usually printed in the manual and/or directly on the compressor) and the safety valve goes off, you have a faulty pressure switch and the safety valve is doing it's job.

That being the case, you really need to get this serviced as soon as possible. Relying on the safety valve alone, is NOT a good thing to do. If it should ever fail and you're inattentive, the burst will get your attention... or most likely the attention of your neighbors so they can come and see if they should call the ambulance or the morgue.

Get er' fixed!

CWS
        Agreed, this is not safe, get it fixed. The relief valve more than likely has the set pressure right on it. If it's off by more than 5 PSIG it should be suspect.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X