X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24v lithium Ion defective battery warning

okay I have had a 24v lithium kit for about a year.....was using it all day one day.......ran the drill battery down....took hot one off of the charger and put the dead one back on the charger. After I used up the charge on the other battery and went back and the charger was flashing red and green signaling a bad battery...I put the other battery on the charger and It does the same on both now....it has been about 3 weeks and neither battery will still charge

Re: 24v lithium Ion defective battery warning

Is it happened to all of 24v lithium Ion Battery or just some?
    I never meet this problem..
    rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Hey I got an 18v Lithium Ion and had the same problem. I took it to the authorized service dep and he told me that they are having alot of these returned. I guess Ridgid can't send out batteries fasts enough because it's going to be another 3 weeks. It's already been in there 1 month.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by captainjim View Post
        okay I have had a 24v lithium kit for about a year.....was using it all day one day.......ran the drill battery down....took hot one off of the charger and put the dead one back on the charger. After I used up the charge on the other battery and went back and the charger was flashing red and green signaling a bad battery...I put the other battery on the charger and It does the same on both now....it has been about 3 weeks and neither battery will still charge
        Bummer....The good news is if you still have the receipt or registered the tools for the LSA, there is a no cost solution. Simply scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Ridge Tool company and follow the steps to the list of authorized Ridgid service centers. Call one of them to determine what components of your 24V tool set they will need to examine to determine the problem and facilitate a resolution. Wallah....problem solved! Let us know how it goes....Ray

Comment

Captain Jim - I had the same problem (altohough only one of my two batteries was dead) and did a replacement through the LSA program, the only problem is the replacement time was 1-2 months. Based on the various other threads that this replacement delay is an ongoing problem at Ridgid.
          JC

Comment

Working...
          X