X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 table alignment

trying to align the table to the blade... I have the four top to cabinet screws and the ground strap loose, I still can't quite get it, as I'm off by about a 16th of an inch front to back. The blade is at 90 and is straight. The only way I can get it perfect is if I totally remove the screws and then they won't go back in. Has anyone had to drill out the holes on the cabinet to allow additional movement? Am I missing anything? I got good grades in school, but that was primarily because I sucked up to the teachers really well....

Re: R4511 table alignment

I am just now going through the same process you are. I was fortunate enough to get the saw aligned to the miter slot to .001, but the back of the table was at the limit of what it could be adjusted. I don't remember whether it was right or left.

I had a little more problem aligning the table with the blade at 45 deg and couldn't get it closer than .014. I wen't through a series of adjusting the shims but couldn't get it any closer than with the factory shims. I'm wondering if that is going to be a problem.

Here's a link explaining how to align the table top: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25836

It won't pass the real old nickle test yet but I think that can be fixed with the leveling legs and a new nickle. I haven't started aligning the fence or mitre guage. The knife/splitter alignment seems to be difficult. The instructions are wrong. The adjustments are behind the saw blade.

Good luck, it sure looks to be a good saw for the money.

Comment

Thanks, I ended up having to drill out the holes on the cabinet to get me the extra adjustment room... I'm much closer, probably in the range you discussed. I wonder who wrote the instructions for the assembly and adjustment... was he drunk or on drugs???

Comment

that 4511 table alignment thread and the document prepared by davewoodwork are first rate. wish he'd buy a large, welded steel frame band saw so his attention would be focused on something i'm working on.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
        X