R968 Serial number question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R968 Serial number question

I'm from up in Canada, and we seem to be rather hit and miss for what products that our HD will carry.

I managed to get the last R968 on the shelf as it's with the more reasonable price of $299 compared to the R9681 that is a hundred dollars more for a portable light I will never use.

So I opened the box when I got home and was all ready to register my product when I noticed something quite odd. The serial numbers for the batteries and the charger are missing digits. They are the same 5 digits long, where the drill,driver and saw are all 10.

Is my set defective? From the side that the serial number was not printed correctly on the products, or is this normal? Ridgid support is closed for the weekend, so trying to get an answer from them is going to be impossible. Thought I'd ask here as someone else is bound to have this set.

Thanks

Matt.

Re: R968 Serial number question

the tool is the only one with a serial number. batteries and charger have a date code only, the first set is the date code

Comment

Thanks for that. I can sleep at night now. I was worried that I had some grey market product as the box that is shipped in was a bit on the beat up side.

Matt.

Comment

This is the norm. I second what Smallen said. It's the same with all Ridgid tools (tools have serial numbers with date codes embedded in them [G0835 35421], while the batteries and chargers that come with tools only have the date codes [G0835]). They usually all match up, but sometimes not - it's not an issue either way. Once you register them, you're all good.

Comment

Working...
        X