Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS24240 Belt rolls off

Hello Gentlemen,

I have been trying to figure out why my saw keeps rolling the belt off. I will say that I am the not the original owner. I finally purchased a new belt and pulleys as well. The first thing that bothers me is the motor plate is slightly bent causing the front and rear pulleys to not line up with each other. I adjusted the rear pulley (motor) closer to the arbor to try and alleviate the line up problem. It helped but it's not quite enough. Probably a 1/4" out still. Second the old pulleys do have a little surface rust. My thoughts are to bend the plate, put the new pulleys and belt on. Although I was able to get the pulley off the motor the one on the arbor I could get the set screw out but that was it. Should I try PB Blaster? It was extremely difficult to get my hands inside the saw assembly. Worst comes to worst I figured I would take the dremel to the grooves on the pulley that is mounted to the arbor and leave it. When I set the tension I raised the blade up about a third of the way. I have seen other posts recommending half to full blade showing before tensioning. Any recommendations on blade height before tightening the the bolts on the rail guides? Oh yeah the spring I purchased is not the factory spring. I was afraid the one I purchased at the hardware storeit was too long and cut a small portion off but it does provide some tension. Does anyone know the actual width and length of the motor mount spring not compressed. The only other problem...I don't have the original spacer that goes on the bolt that pivots on the motor mount. I am using some sort of metal spacer with a set screw in it (collar?) Does anyone know the dimensions of the spacer and the the actual length of the bolt? Sorry to be such a pain. I was able to rip a small piece of pine 2 x 4 (slowly) but then when a friend tried to shave some off the bottom of the door the belt came off again. The original belt and the new belt are close to the same length by the way. Just trying to get this belt to stay on is driving me nuts! Thanks for any advice guys.

Charles Abbott

Re: TS24240 Belt rolls off

sounds like you need to start with ordering the correct parts first
    the pulleys have to be lined up perfectly, 1\4" will ruin the belt
    the oem spring is $1.05, motor mount is $7.00, not worth trying to make due with incorrect parts

Comment

Thanks Smallen. I kinda of figured but I thought I would check first. I have picked up a 3612 and I want to be able to sell it to a friend who wants the saw. I have already lost some money on replacing the belts and pulleys. I will try and get it to work for now but I may just eat the extra $15 for parts and shipping The main reason I used a different spring was for speed as I would prefer a factory spring.

Thanks Charles.
      Last edited by ceabbott2; 11-22-2009, 01:01 PM. Reason: Incomplete thought

Comment

Hello Gentlemen,

Well I put one new pulley on the motor shaft along with a new belt. The front pulley I had to leave on because I could get the set screw off but it wouldn't come off. I left it on but moved the pulley on the motor as far to the left as possible. Both pulleys were within a 1/16 of being lined up (parallel) with each other. Any who it works great now. I appreciate everyones input.

Sincerely,
        Charles Abbott

Comment

Working...
        X