X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: DeWalt DW131 in mint or new condition

Does anyone know where I can buy a mint condition or brand new DeWalt DW131 1/2" spade handle drill? This is the serious tool version and is not like the DW130 model. I know they were discontinued some time back, but I bet there's a new one in stock at a good tool dealer somewhere or maybe someone got one and never used it.

Re: Wanted: DeWalt DW131 in mint or new condition

http://www.google.com/products?q=DW1...N&hl=en&tab=wf
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks BHD

I wish I knew more about the dealers claiming to still have stock.

Comment

Ace Tool seems to be a good bet. It looks like they've got all the proper accreditations/certifications, and their return policies/guarantees look okay.

Comment

After doing some more research, I found out why they stopped making this model some time ago. I think I should really be hunting for a good deal on a Milwaukee 1663-20 and get one of the best of this type of drill made. The nice features it has should prove worthwhile. I just happened to really love the older Black & Decker Industrial 1321 which the DeWalt DW131 replaced, but both are very "Old School" and K I S S drills. The Milwaukee 1663-20 is far more updated and in a good way. I could also do the K I S S thing and go for a Milwaukee 1660-6. Maybe to save some $$$, I can find a good deal on a properly reconditioned Milwaukee. Thanks for the help locating the DeWalt, but now I'm wondering if maybe I just need a good dose of crazy brain eliminator and should buy what's still being made and is available.
          Last edited by Woussko; 11-27-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

http://www.nationaltoolsupply.com/on...W131&storeid=1

$207.90
            Last edited by Andrew M.; 11-27-2009, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Milwaukee 1660-6 K I S S 1/2" spade handle drill. A good old trusty workhorse.
              http://www.powertoolservices.com/Tools/1660-1.htm

Or here in eBay is the fancy super 1663-20 drill. This looks like a pretty nice price too.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-1-2-Hi...item45ef74785b
              Last edited by Woussko; 11-27-2009, 05:09 PM.

Comment

When I was a tool tech for Milwaukee, the 1660 was one of the tools that really impressed me. One would occasionally blow an intermediate gear, but the overwhelming majority of them coming in for repair just needed the standard high-maintenance items - brushes, cord, switch and/or chuck. It's a hard tool to beat, and a harder tool to kill.

The 1630 is the same basic package but contains one less intermediate gearset and turns at 900 RPM vs. the 1660's 450 RPM.

If you want the ultimate in power, check out the 1854-1.
                Last edited by Doctordeere; 11-27-2009, 07:47 PM.
                "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                  If you want the ultimate in power, check out the 1854-1.
                  Now there is a big monster of a drill for you. I rented one once when I needed to get some serious high torque work done. Have you ever seen their model 2404-1 which is similar but geared slower and has a #3 Morse taper socket spindle? Now that is a serious power tool, but it's only for those that know what it is and how to not get torn apart with it.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...aHole+Shooters

Comment

are you planning on drilling the side of a mountain?

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                      Have you ever seen their model 2404-1 which is similar but geared slower and has a #3 Morse taper socket spindle?
                      Worked on many of them. Heard many stories about broken wrists and other assorted mishaps and injuries caused by them too. They're aggressive beasts with a fondness for destruction when they get bound up.

Comment

Worked on many of them. Heard many stories about broken wrists and other assorted mishaps and injuries caused by them too. They're aggressive beasts with a fondness for destruction when they get bound up.
                        No duh?! You don't say? I wonder why?!!!?

Comment

I like the dewalt angle drill with the built-in clutch...

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                            No duh?! You don't say? I wonder why?!!!?
                            AHA! Sounds like a "been there, done that."

I was fortunate that nothing got broke. Bruised ribs and a sprained ankle. Bruised ribs from the drill's pipe handle, jacked ankle from (this is embarrassing) getting knocked off the ladder. I'm 6'7" and 290 pounds - I don't get knocked off anything very easily unless stupidity is a contributing factor...

Comment

AHA! Sounds like a "been there, done that."

I was fortunate that nothing got broke. Bruised ribs and a sprained ankle. Bruised ribs from the drill's pipe handle, jacked ankle from (this is embarrassing) getting knocked off the ladder. I'm 6'7" and 290 pounds - I don't get knocked off anything very easily unless stupidity is a contributing factor...
                              LOL. "Been there, done that" - maybe. But I'm not telling!

That thing is mammoth - it's more useful purpose might be for torquing down a circus tent, or pulling down the arm of a trebuchet. That tool is insane!

Comment

Working...
                              X