3/8 corded drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/8 corded drill

I smoked my craftsman professional 5.5amp variable speed drill the other day and I am looking for a new drill. I was going to replace it with another craftsman professional 6.5amp variable speed drill However I noticed Dewalt and Ridgid have similar variable speed drills for the same 59.95. I really don't want to spend more than that as i have a 18volt Craftsman cordless and 1/2 craftsman drill not to mention a Craftsmans bench top drill press.

I used to like craftsman, but this is the second craftsman tool to die on me so I'm leaning towards either the Ridgid or Dewalt. I have a Ridgid power washer and a 5 inch orbital sander, both of which i really like. I also have plenty of Dewalt tools which have never let me down either. The Ridgid has a limited 3 year limited warrenty and looks identical to the craftsman drill which leads me to wonder if I'll be replacing this drill again a few years down the road. I really like the Dewalt drill, but it doesn't have a trigger lock which I found to be useful on some projects. Any one have a opinions on either drill?

Re: 3/8 corded drill

I have that $59.95 Dewalt drill and really like it. Bought my Son-in-Law one and he has abused the heck out of it and it is still perfect. I was very impressed with the power of the Dewalt versus my old Craftsmen.

Big G

Comment

Re: 3/8 corded drill

Thanks. I now prefer Dewalt tools for what I use them for. I searched the internet and found that Emerson makes the Ridgid drill and makes the drill for other companies such as Sears which would explain the similiarites. I noticed lowes has a 7 amp 3/8 Dewalt drill. I think that might be the one I go with.
      Last edited by Den69RS96; 11-25-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X