X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal cut off saw...

I am looking at metal cut off saws and need some help deciding. I was originally going to go with abrasive, but now I am thinking about going with something along the lines of the Dewalt DW872, or the Evolution RAGEII. Its it worth spending the money to get one that uses a tooth blade instead of abrasives? I know the blades cost more, but how long do they last? Thanks guys....

Re: Metal cut off saw...

We have used the Porter Cable and the Dewalt version and love them. No heat, alot cleaner cut and a faster cut. The 2 major tips I can give are, first and foremost, CLAMP YOUR WORKPIECE VERY TIGHT. We had a helper not tighten it real tight and it moved during the cut. No injuries, just an eye opening expierience for him. The second thing is, use the correct blade. We tried to cut stainless with a regular steel blade without good results. They do make different blades for different metals.

Comment

Re: Metal cut off saw...

Definitely clamp the workpiece good, I agree wholeheartedly with that.

I myself prefer the abrasive saws. I've always used and liked the Makita ones for stationary use (Makita 2414NB 14-Inch Portable Cut-Off Saw) and Bosch ones (Bosch 1365K 14-Inch Portable Abrasive Cut-Off Machine) for a handheld version on secured material. I think you can get that Bosch one in a 12-incher too.

Comment

Working...
      X