Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS-UV with 13" Planer?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Ridgid 13" Planer can be successfully used on the Mitre Saw Utility Vehicle AC9944?

It looks like a handy piece of kit.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Martin.

Re: MS-UV with 13" Planer?

I don't recall where, but I know saw that someone posted with their setup with the TP1300 and the AC9940.

Dunno if anyone has done the same with the AC9944, but can't see why it'd be a problem, since the support rollers are adjustable. Though, the lack of a support leg under the "left" roller might be problematic for snipe.

Comment

Another potential problem could be if you run a long board through the center of gravity would shift as the board exited and could cause the MSUV, planer, and board to tip over.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
        I don't recall where, but I know saw that someone posted with their setup with the TP1300 and the AC9940.

Dunno if anyone has done the same with the AC9944, but can't see why it'd be a problem, since the support rollers are adjustable. Though, the lack of a support leg under the "left" roller might be problematic for snipe.

The AC9944 has support legs for both rollers. They slide inside the roller extensions and are hidden when not in use.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
          The AC9944 has support legs for both rollers. They slide inside the roller extensions and are hidden when not in use.
          Some versions of AC9944 has eliminated one support leg. cost-savings? better design?

Name:  3b4017a70293b1b3114e64f1124546ad.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  4.0 KB
          Last edited by reConx; 12-30-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
            Some versions of AC9944 has eliminated one support leg. cost-savings? better design?

Name:  3b4017a70293b1b3114e64f1124546ad.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  4.0 KB

I wouldn't want one w/o both supports, unsafe.

Someone out there makes a copy of the AC9940, which is a pretty faithful copy.
            Also, Craftsman has a version with some added features but still very similar to
            the AC9940 which I like over the new version.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
            X