Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought my first Ridgid tool. Lifetime warranty???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought my first Ridgid tool. Lifetime warranty???

I bought my first Ridgid "lifetime warrantied" tool in 2006. It is the 14.4V drill driver. At the time that I bought it there was no instructions or registration cards in the package. I talked to the sales rep at Home Depot when I bought it and he said "just take it to any Home Depot and they will warranty it". That being said, early this year the batteries went dead. I took them to my local Home Depot and asked for replacements. They agreed, however, they said that they would not warranty the tool again without a registration. Then I contacted Home Depot customer service and it took about 2 months but it got done with the cooperation of Ridgid customer service. When they first started selling the drill it had printed, not impressed, serial numbers, which over a very short time rubbed off. No big deal, they still registered the drill and I now have the LSA registration in my hand. Don't whine till you have spoken with the Ridgid customer service folks, they really are helpful.

Comment

I have exchanged several over the past five or so years at Home Depot where I originaly bought the tools, however: now they tell me that have to go the authorized Ridgid repair center, or something to that effect!

Comment

Originally posted by tinker2c View Post
        I have exchanged several over the past five or so years at Home Depot where I originaly bought the tools, however: now they tell me that have to go the authorized Ridgid repair center, or something to that effect!
        It's always been that way. The only way HD is supposed to take back and exchange tools is if there is a problem within the first 90 days after purchase. After that, problems must be handled by an Authorized Service Center.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X